Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||68||Public Records:||32|
|Specimens with Sequences:||61||Public Species:||5|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||61||Public BINs:||4|
|Species With Barcodes:||10|
Rhinogobius is a genus of primarily freshwater gobies native to tropical and temperate parts of eastern Asia. Most are small, streamlined in shape, and often sexually dimorphic. Few are of commercial importance, but R. duospilus is fairly widely traded as an aquarium fish.
In addition, there are several undescribed species awaiting further study:
- Rhinogobius sp. 'BB' "Blue Belly"
- Rhinogobius sp. 'BW' "Lake Biwa"
- Rhinogobius sp. 'CB' "Crossband" – shima-yoshinobori (Japanese)
- Rhinogobius sp. 'CO' "Cobalt" – ruri-yoshinobori (Japanese)
- Rhinogobius sp. 'DL' "Depressed Large"
- Rhinogobius sp. 'MO' "Mosaic"
- Rhinogobius sp. 'TO' "Tokai"
- Rhinogobius sp. 'YB' "Yellow Belly" – kibara-yoshinobori (Japanese)
- Froese, Rainer, and Daniel Pauly, eds. (2013). Species of Rhinogobius in FishBase. December 2013 version.
- Chen, I-S. & Miller, P.J. (2014): A new freshwater goby of Rhinogobius (Teleostei: Gobiidae) from Hainan Island, Southern China. Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 21 (Suppl.) : 124-129.
- Suzuki, T., et al. (2012). A new species of Rhinogobius Gill, 1859 (Teleostei: Gobiidae) from the Bonin Islands, Japan. Journal of Marine Science and Technology 19(6) 693-701.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rhinogobius.|
- This article draws heavily on the corresponding article in the Japanese-language Wikipedia.
|This Gobiidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!