Data about Sebastes
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|Canadian Exclusive Economic Zone [Arctic part]||World Register of Marine Species|
|-53.2 degrees||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||80.2 degrees||OBIS Environmental Information|
|-180 degrees||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||179.83 degrees||OBIS Environmental Information|
|Copepods||Global Biotic Interactions|
Water depth min
|-9 m||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||2,893 m||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water nitrate concentration min
|0.8 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||44.38 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water temperature min
|-1.96 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||15.66 degrees Celsius||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water silicate concentration min
|1.49 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||197.21 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water phosphate concentration min
|0.26 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||3.49 µmol/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water dissolved O2 concentration min
|0.3 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||8.01 mL/L||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water O2 saturation max
|105.26 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||4.29 percent||OBIS Environmental Information|
Water salinity min
|29.37 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||36.12 PSU||OBIS Environmental Information|
Glossary for Sebastes
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- Degrees Celsius
- Feeds on
- consumes for energetic or other nutritional needs
- Geographic distribution
- A description of the geographic distribution, or range, of the taxon. Includes descriptions of global, regional, or political aspects of range and whether the taxon is native or introduced in portions of the range and endemicity.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Meters. A length unit which is equal to the length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.
- Milliliters per liter. A volume per unit volume unit which is equal to one millionth of a liter of solute in one liter of solution.
- Onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- A dimensionless ratio unit which denotes numbers as fractions of 100.
- Practical Salinity Units. The conductivity ratio of a sea water sample to a standard KCl solution. Used to represent salinity.
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- Water depth
- The depth of seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water dissolved O2 concentration
- Dissolved oxygen concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water nitrate concentration
- Dissolved nitrate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water O2 saturation
- The percent oxygen saturation in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water phosphate concentration
- Dissolved phosphate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water salinity
- Dissolved salt concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water silicate concentration
- Dissolved silicate concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- Water temperature
- Temperature of seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
- A unit of molarity which is equal to one millionth of a molar or 10^[-6] mol/L
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!