The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Hoyle, W. E. 1886. Report on the Cephalopoda. Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H. M. S. Challenger during the years 1873-76, Zoology, 16 (44). 1-245
- Jorgensen, E. M. 2007. Identification, distribution and relative abundance of paralarval gonatid squids (Cephalopoda: Oegopsida: Gonatidae)from the Gulf of Alaska, 2001-2003. Journ. Molluscan Studies, 73: 155-165.
- Katugin, O. N. 1993. Study of relationships between different species of squid, family Gonatidae, by protein electrophoresis. In: Biology and Rational Use of Hydrobionts. Their role in ecosystems. Abstracts of communications of the TINRO Young Scientisit Conference, Vladivostok," p. 14-15. In Russian.
- Katugin, O. N. 1995. Morphology, genetic difference, and evolution of Berryteuthis magister, Berriteuthis anonychus, and Gonatopsis borealis (Cephalopoda: Oegopsida). In: "Unitas Malacologica. 12th International Malacological Congress. Vigo, Spain. Abstracts." p. 312-313.
- Katugin, O. N. 2004. Squids of the family Gonatidae from the North Pacific Ocean and their genetic differentiation: controversial issues in the systematics and phylogeny.Ruthenica 14(1): 73-87. In Russian with English abstract.
- Lindgren, A. R., O. N. Katugin, E. Amezquita and M. K. Nishiguchi. 2005. Evolutionary relationships among squids of the family Gonatidae (Mollusca: Cephalopoda) inferred from three mitochondrial loci. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 36(1):101-111.
- Nesis, K. N. 1982. Abridged dey to the cephalopod mollusks of the world's ocean. 385+ii pp. Light and Food Industry Publishing House, Moscow. (In Russian.). Translated into English by B. S. Levitov, ed. by L. A. Burgess (1987), Cephalopods of the world. T. F. H. Publications, Neptune City, NJ, 351pp.
- Nesis, K. N. 1997. Gonatid squids in the Subarctic North Pacific: Ecology, biogeography, niche diversity and role in the ecosystem. Advances in Marine Biology. Academic Press, New York, p. 243-324.
- Okutani, T. and M. R. Clarke. 1992. Family Gonatidae Hoyle, 1886. P. 139-156. In: Sweeney, M. J., C. F. E. Roper, K. M. Mangold, M. R. Clarke and S. v. Boletzky (Eds.). "Larval" and juvenile cephalopods: A manual for their identification. Smithson. Contr. Zool. No. 513.
- Roper, Clyde F. E., C. C. Lu and Katharina Mangold. 1969. A new species of Illex from the western Atlantic and distributional aspects of other Illex species (Cephalopoda: Oegopsida). Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington, 82. 295-322
- Sweeney, M. J. and C. F. E. Roper / N. A. Voss, M. Vecchione, R. B. Toll and M. J. Sweeney, eds. 1998. Classification, type localities and type repositories of recent Cephalopoda. Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 586 (I-II). 561-599
- WoRMS (2014). Gonatidae Hoyle, 1886. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=11743
- Young, R. E. 1972. The systematics and areal distribution of pelagic cephalopods from the seas off Southern California. Smithson. Contr. Zool., 97: 1-159.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!