The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Aldred, R. G., M. Nixon and J. Z. Young. 1983. Cirrothauma murrayi Chun, a finned octopod. Phil. Trans. Roy. Soc. Lond., 301: 1-54.
- Nesis, K. N. 1982/87. Abridged key to the cephalopod mollusks of the world's ocean. 385+ii pp. Light and Food Industry Publishing House, Moscow. (In Russian.). Translated into English by B. S. Levitov, ed. by L. A. Burgess (1987), Cephalopods of the world. T. F. H. Publications, Neptune City, NJ, 351pp.
- O'Shea, S. and C. C. Lu. 2002. A New Species of Luteuthis (Mollusca: Cephalopoda: Cirroctopoda) from the South China Sea. Zoological Studies, 4: 119-126.
- O'Shea, Steve. 1999. The Marine Fauna of New Zealand: Octopoda (Mollusca: Cephalopoda). NIWA Biodiversity Memoir 112: 280pp.
- Pereya, W. T. 1965. New records and observations on the flapjack devilfish Opisthoteuthis californiana Berry. Pacif. Sci., 19: 427-441.
- Sweeney, M. J. and C. F. E. Roper / N. A. Voss, M. Vecchione, R. B. Toll and M. J. Sweeney, eds. 1998. Classification, type localities and type repositories of recent Cephalopoda. Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 586 (I-II). 561-599
- Vecchione, M. and C. F.E. Roper. 1991 Cephalopods observed from submersibles in the western North Atlantic. Bull. Mar. Sci., 49(1-2):433-445.
- Vecchione, M. and R. E. Young. 1997. Aspects of the functional morphology of cirrate octopods: locomotion and feeding. Vie Milieu 47(2):101-110..
- Verrill, A. E. 1896. The Opisthoteuthidae. A remarkable new family of deep sea Cephalopoda, with remarks on some points in molluscan morphology. American Journal of Science, (series 4) 2 (11). 74-80
- Voss, G. L. / M. R. Clarke and E. R. Trueman, eds. 1988. Evolution and phylogenetic relationships of deep-sea octopods (Cirrata and Incirrata). The Mollusca, Volume 12, Paleontology and Neontology of Cephalopoda. 355
- Voss, G. L. 1988. Evolution and phylogenetic relationships of deep-sea octopods (Cirrata and Incirrata). P. 253-276. In: Clarke, M. R. and E. R. Trueman (Eds.). The Mollusca. Vol. 12. Paleontology and Neontology of Cephalopods. Academic Press, New York. 355pp.
- Voss, G. L. and W. G. Pearcy (1990). Deep-water octopods (Mollusca: Cephalopoda) of the Northeastern Pacific. Proc. Calif. Acad. Sci., 47: 47-94.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!