Data about <i>Jupiaba zonata</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Names and Taxonomy
Glossary for Jupiaba zonata
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- Extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- A specimen or other element designated subsequent to the publication of the original description from the original material (syntypes or paratypes) to serve as nomenclatural type. Lectotype designation can occur only where no holotype was designated at the time of publication or if it is missing (ICBN Art. 7, ICZN Art. 74). [Zoo./Bot.] -- Note: the BioCode defines lectotype as selection from holotype material in cases where the holotype material contains more than one taxon [Bio.].
- One of the series of specimens used to describe a species or infraspecific taxon when neither a single holotype nor a lectotype has been designated. The syntypes collectively constitute the name-bearing type. [Zoo./Bot.]
- Type Information
- Information about type specimens or names
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!