Data about <i>Alestopetersius nigropterus</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
geographic distribution includes
|Africa: Democratic Republic of the Congo.||FishBase|
body length (CMO)
|6.5 cm male or unsexed||FishBase|
Glossary for Alestopetersius nigropterus
- body length (CMO)
- A measurement of the longest dimension of a body, typically between two distinct ends of the body.
- [database_cross_reference: Dorland:Dorlands_Illustrated_Medical_Dictionary--31st_Ed] [database_cross_reference: ISBN:978-1416049982]
- conservation status
- A taxon is Endangered when the best available evidence indicates that it meets any of the criteria A to E for Endangered, and it is therefore considered to be facing a very high risk of extinction in the wild.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- fresh water
- freshwater habitat
- A habitat that is in or on a body of water containing low concentrations of dissolved salts and other total dissolved solids (<0.5 grams dissolved salts per litre).
- geographic distribution includes
- This organism is known to be present in this location or region
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- A body of water or other liquid of considerable size contained on a body of land.
- marine pelagic biome
- The marine pelagic biome (pelagic meaning open sea) is that of the marine water column, from the surface to the greatest depths.
- pelagic zone
- An open ocean region.
- population trend
- Natural freshwater surface streams of considerable volume and a permanent or seasonal flow, moving in a definite channel toward a sea, lake, or another river; any large streams, or ones larger than brooks or creeks, such as the trunk stream and larger branches of a drainage system.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!