The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Alcala, A.C. and A.S. Cabanban0 Fry and larvae of fishes and crustaceans in coastal marine waters of Negros Oriental, Negros Island, Philippines. Silliman J. 33(1-4):10-23. (Ref. 46878)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the American Museum of Natural History. American Museum of Natural History, Central Park West , NY 10024-5192, USA. (Ref. 41414)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the National Museum of Natural History (Smithsonian Institution). Smithsonian Institution-Division of Fishes. (Ref. 38732)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). (Ref. 31982)
- Aprieto, V.L. and E.P. Villoso0 Demersal fish resources of Lingayen Gulf. Fish. Res. J. Phillips. 7(2):40-49. (Ref. 43020)
- Cabanban, A.S.0 The dynamics of Leiognathidae in tropical demersal ichthyofaunal community. James Cook University of North Queensland, Australia. 262 p. Ph.D. dissertation. (Ref. 7328)
- Carl, H.0 Danish fish names. Zoological Museum of Copenhagen. Unpublished. (Ref. 51471)
- Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences0 Chinese aquatic germplasm resources database. http://zzzy.fishinfo.cn (Ref. 58108)
- Department of Fisheries Malaysia0 Valid local name of Malaysian marine fishes. Department of Fisheries Malaysia. Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-based Industry. 180 p. (Ref. 85449)
- Department of Fisheries0 Annual fishery statistics. Ministry of Agriculture, Malaysia. (Ref. 4789)
- Eschmeyer, W.N.0 Catalog of the genera of recent fishes. California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco, USA. 697 p. (Ref. 1830)
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2013). FishBase (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Ganaden, S.R. and F. Lavapie-Gonzales0 Common and local names of marine fishes of the Philippines. Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, Philippines. 385 p. (Ref. 31411)
- Gloerfelt-Tarp, T. and P.J. Kailola0 Trawled fishes of southern Indonesia and northwestern Australia. Australian Development Assistance Bureau, Australia, Directorate General of Fishes, Indonesia, and German Agency for Technical Cooperation, Federal Republic of Germany. 407 p. (Ref. 5978)
- Hardy, J.D. Jr. (comp.)0 Coral reef fish species. NOAANational Oceanographic Data Center. NODC Coral Reef Data and Information Management System. USA. 537 p. (Ref. 48497)
- Herre, A.W.C.T. and A.F. Umali0 English and local common names of Philippine fishes. U. S. Dept. of Interior and Fish and Wildl. Serv. Circular No. 14, U. S. Gov't Printing Office, Washington. 128 p. (Ref. 2857)
- Herre, A.W.C.T.0 Check list of Philippine fishes. Res. Rep. U.S. Fish Wild. Serv., (20):977 p. (Ref. 280)
- Huang, Z.0 Marine species and their distribution in China's seas. p. 404-463. Vertebrata. Smithsonian Institution, Florida, USA. 598 p. (Ref. 47843)
- Hutchins, J.B.0 Fishes checklist for Western Australia. http://www.museum.wa.gov.au, downloaded on 07 November 2003. (Ref. 49596)
- IUCN 2006 2006 IUCN red list of threatened species. www.iucnredlist.org. Downloaded July 2006.
- James, P.S.B.R.0 Leiognathidae. In W. Fischer and G. Bianchi (eds.) FAO species identification sheets for fishery purposes. Western Indian Ocean (Fishing Area 51). Vol. 2. FAO, Rome. pag. var. (Ref. 3424)
- Kailola, P.J.0 The fishes of Papua New Guinea: a revised and annotated checklist. Vol. II Scorpaenidae to Callionymidae. Research Bulletin No. 41, Research Section, Dept. of Fisheries and Marine Resources, Papua New Guinea. (Ref. 6192)
- Kami, H.T., I.I. Ikehara and F.P. de Leon0 Check-list of Guam fishes. Micronesia 4(1):95-131. (Ref. 5301)
- Kapoor, D., R. Dayal and A.G. Ponniah0 Fish biodiversity of India. National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources Lucknow, India.775 p. (Ref. 45255)
- Kimura, S., T. Yamashita and Y. Iwatsuki 2000 A new species, Gazza rhombea, from the Indo-West Pacific, with a redescription of G. achlamys Jordan & Starks, 1917 (Perciformes: Leiognathidae). Ichthyol. Res. 47(1):1-12. (Ref. 35849)
- Kimura, S., T. Yamashita and Y. Iwatsuki. 2000. A new species, Gazza rhombea, from the Indo-West Pacific, with a redescription of G. achlamys Jordan & Starks, 1917 (Perciformes: Leiognathidae). Ichthyol. Res. 47(1):1-12.
- Kimura, S., T. Yamashita and Y. Iwatsuki0 A new species, Gazza rhombea, from the Indo-West Pacific, with a redescription of G. achlamys Jordan & Starks, 1917 (Perciformes: Leiognathidae). Ichthyol. Res. 47(1):1-12. (Ref. 35849)
- Mohsin, A.K.M. and M.A. Ambak0 Marine fishes and fisheries of Malaysia and neighbouring countries. University of Pertanian Malaysia Press, Serdang, Malaysia. 744 p. (Ref. 27550)
- Mohsin, A.K.M., M.A. Ambak and M.N.A. Salam0 Malay, English, and scientific names of the fishes of Malaysia. Occas. Publ. Fac. Fish. Mar. Sci. Univ. Pertanian Malays. 11:226 p. (Ref. 5756)
- Myers, R.F. 1991 Micronesian reef fishes. Second Ed. Coral Graphics, Barrigada, Guam. 298 p. (Ref. 1602)
- Myers, R.F.0 Micronesian reef fishes. Second Ed. Coral Graphics, Barrigada, Guam. 298 p. (Ref. 1602)
- Myers, R.F.0 Micronesian reef fishes: a comprehensive guide to the coral reef fishes of Micronesia, 3rd revised and expanded edition. Coral Graphics, Barrigada, Guam. 330 p. (Ref. 37816)
- Pauly, D.0 The fishes and their ecology. p.15-33. In D. Pauly and A.N. Mines (eds.)Small-scale fisheries of San Miguel Bay, Phil.: biology and stock assessment. ICLARM Tech. Rep. 7, 124 p. IFDR CF,UPV, Q.C., Phil; ICLARM, Mla,Phil;and the UNU, Tok,Japan. (Ref. 45674)
- Rajan, P.T., C.R. Sreeraj and T. Immanuel0 Fish fauna of coral reef, mangrove, freshwater, offshore and seagrass beds of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Zoological Survey of India, Andaman and Nicobar Regional Centre, Haddo, Port Blair. (Ref. 87596)
- Randall, J.E. and K.K.P. Lim (eds.)0 A checklist of the fishes of the South China Sea. Raffles Bull. Zool. Suppl. (8):569-667. (Ref. 36648)
- Randall, J.E.0 Randall's tank photos. Collection of 10,000 large-format photos (slides) of dead fishes. Unpublished. (Ref. 28618)
- Robins, C.R., R.M. Bailey, C.E. Bond, J.R. Brooker, E.A. Lachner, R.N. Lea and W.B. Scott0 World fishes important to North Americans. Exclusive of species from the continental waters of the United States and Canada. Am. Fish. Soc. Spec. Publ. (21):243 p. (Ref. 4537)
- Shao, K.-T., C.-P. Lin, L.-T. Ho and P.-L. Lin0 Study on the fish communities from northern and southern waters of Taiwan by analyzing the impingement data. J. Fish. Soc. Taiwan 17(2):73-90. (Ref. 43538)
- Shao, K.-T., J.-P. Chen, P.-H. Kao and C.-Y. Wu0 Fish fauna and their geographical distribution along the western coast of Taiwan. Acata Zoologica Taiwanica 4(2):113-140. (Ref. 43515)
- Shao, K.-T., P.-H. Kao and C.C. Lee0 Fish fauna and species composition in the waters around Tunghsiao, northwest Taiwan. to be filled. (Ref. 43510)
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
- Woodland, D.J., S. Premcharoen and A.S. Cabanban 2001 Leiognathidae. Slipmouths (ponyfishes). p. 2792-2823. In K.E. Carpenter and V.H. Niem (eds.) FAO species identification guide for fishery purposes. The living marine resources of the Western Central Pacific. Volume 5. Bony fishes part 3 (Menidae to Pomacentridae). Rome, FAO. pp. 2791-3380. (Ref. 47581)
- Woodland, D.J., S. Premcharoen and A.S. Cabanban0 Leiognathidae. Slipmouths (ponyfishes). p. 2792-2823. In K.E. Carpenter and V.H. Niem (eds.) FAO species identification guide for fishery purposes. The living marine resources of the Western Central Pacific. Volume 5. Bony fishes part 3 (Menidae to Pomacentridae). Rome, FAO. pp. 2791-3380. (Ref. 47581)
- Wu, H.L., K.-T. Shao and C.F. Lai (eds.)0 Latin-Chinese dictionary of fishes names. The Sueichan Press, Taiwan. 1028 p. (Ref. 31517)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!