Data about <i>Astyanax anterior</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
||Environments - EOL project|
||IRMNG - Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera.|
Names and Taxonomy
||Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard|
Glossary for Astyanax anterior
- drainage basin
- A regions or area bounded by drainage divides and occupied by a drainage system; specifically the tract of country that gathers water originating as precipitation and contributes it to a particular stream channel or system of channels, or to a lake, reservoir, or other body of water.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- A specimen or other element designated subsequent to the publication of the original description from the original material (syntypes or paratypes) to serve as nomenclatural type. Lectotype designation can occur only where no holotype was designated at the time of publication or if it is missing (ICBN Art. 7, ICZN Art. 74). [Zoo./Bot.] -- Note: the BioCode defines lectotype as selection from holotype material in cases where the holotype material contains more than one taxon [Bio.].
- type information
- Information about type specimens or names
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!