The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Allen, G.R. and M. Adrim0 Coral reef fishes of Indonesia. Zool. Stud. 42(1):1-72. (Ref. 47567)
- Allen, G.R. and M.V. Erdmann0 Reef fishes of the East Indies. Perth, Australia: Universitiy of Hawai'i Press, Volumes I-III. Tropical Reef Research. (Ref. 90102)
- Allen, G.R.0 Reef fishes of Milne Bay Province, Papua New Guinea. In T. Werner and G. Allen (eds). A rapid biodiversity assessment of the coral reefs of Milne Bay Province, Papua New Guinea. RAP Working Papers 11, Conservation International, Washington, D.C. (Ref. 41464)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the American Museum of Natural History. American Museum of Natural History, Central Park West , NY 10024-5192, USA. (Ref. 41414)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). (Ref. 31982)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the University of British Columbia Fish Museum Fish Museum. University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. (Ref. 10937)
- Anonymous0 On reef fisheries exploitation and trade in Indonesia. p. 41-44. In Country Status Overview 2001on reef fisheries exploitation and trade in Indonesia. Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries, Telepak Indo. Found. And International Marine Alliance (IMA) Indonesia. Indonesia. (Ref. 40944)
- Blaber, S.J.M., D.T. Brewer and A.N. Harris0 Distribution, biomass and community structure of demersal fishes of the Gulf of Carpentaria, Australia. Aust. J. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 45(3):375-396. (Ref. 9700)
- Carl, H.0 Danish fish names. Zoological Museum of Copenhagen. Unpublished. (Ref. 51471)
- Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences0 Chinese aquatic germplasm resources database. http://zzzy.fishinfo.cn (Ref. 58108)
- Department of Fisheries Malaysia0 Valid local name of Malaysian marine fishes. Department of Fisheries Malaysia. Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-based Industry. 180 p. (Ref. 85449)
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2013). FishBase (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Ganaden, S.R. and F. Lavapie-Gonzales0 Common and local names of marine fishes of the Philippines. Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, Philippines. 385 p. (Ref. 31411)
- Gloerfelt-Tarp, T. and P.J. Kailola0 Trawled fishes of southern Indonesia and northwestern Australia. Australian Development Assistance Bureau, Australia, Directorate General of Fishes, Indonesia, and German Agency for Technical Cooperation, Federal Republic of Germany. 407 p. (Ref. 5978)
- Hardy, J.D. Jr. (comp.)0 Coral reef fish species. NOAANational Oceanographic Data Center. NODC Coral Reef Data and Information Management System. USA. 537 p. (Ref. 48497)
- Heemstra, P.C.0 Ephippidae. Spadefishes (batfishes). p. 3611-3622. In K.E. Carpenter and V. Niem (eds.) FAO species identification guide for fishery purposes. The living marine resources of the Western Central Pacific. Vol. 6. Bony fishes part 4 (Labridae to Latimeriidae), estuarine crocodiles. FAO, Rome. (Ref. 43039)
- Huang, Z.0 Marine species and their distribution in China's seas. p. 404-463. Vertebrata. Smithsonian Institution, Florida, USA. 598 p. (Ref. 47843)
- Hureau, J.-C.0 La base de donn
- Kuiter, R.H. and T. Tonozuka0 Pictorial guide to Indonesian reef fishes. Part 3. Jawfishes - Sunfishes, Opistognathidae - Molidae. Zoonetics, Australia. p. 623-893. (Ref. 48637)
- Kyushin, K., K. Amaoka, K. Nakaya, H. Ida, Y. Tanino and T. Senta0 Fishes of the South China Sea. Japan Marine Fishery Resource Research Center, Nori Otsuru, Tokyo, Japan. 333 p. (Ref. 12517)
- Lieske, E. and R. Myers0 Collins Pocket Guide. Coral reef fishes. Indo-Pacific & Caribbean including the Red Sea. Haper Collins Publishers, 400 p. (Ref. 9710)
- Masuda, H. and G.R. Allen0 Meeresfische der Welt - Gro
- Monkolprasit, S., S. Sontirat, S. Vimollohakarn and T. Songsirikul0 Checklist of Fishes in Thailand. Office of Environmental Policy and Planning, Bangkok, Thailand. 353 p. (Ref. 37773)
- Putra, S. (ed.)0 Yum Eungkod/Nan Eungkod, Harga Ikan/Nama Ikan, Fish Price/Fish Names. Lembaga Adat Panglima Laot - Lhok Krueng Aceh and ADB. Source: http://www.panglima.net. (Ref. 84013)
- Randall, J.E. and K.K.P. Lim (eds.)0 A checklist of the fishes of the South China Sea. Raffles Bull. Zool. Suppl. (8):569-667. (Ref. 36648)
- Randall, J.E., G.R. Allen and R.C. Steene0 Fishes of the Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea. University of Hawaii Press, Honolulu, Hawaii. 506 p. (Ref. 2334)
- Randall, J.E.0 Randall's underwater photos. Collection of almost 2,000 underwater photos (slides). Unpublished. (Ref. 28620)
- Robins, C.R., R.M. Bailey, C.E. Bond, J.R. Brooker, E.A. Lachner, R.N. Lea and W.B. Scott0 World fishes important to North Americans. Exclusive of species from the continental waters of the United States and Canada. Am. Fish. Soc. Spec. Publ. (21):243 p. (Ref. 4537)
- Sainsbury, K.J., P.J. Kailola and G.G. Leyland. 1985. Continental shelf fishes of the northern and north-western Australia. CSIRO Division of Fisheries Research; Clouston & Hall and Peter Pownall Fisheries Information Service, Canberra, Australia. 375 p.
- Sainsbury, K.J., P.J. Kailola and G.G. Leyland0 Continental shelf fishes of the northern and north-western Australia. CSIRO Division of Fisheries Research; Clouston & Hall and Peter Pownall Fisheries Information Service, Canberra, Australia. 375 p. (Ref. 3131)
- Schuster, W.H. and R. Djajadiredja0 Local common names of Indonesian fishes. W.V. Hoeve, Bandung, Indonesia. 276 p. (Ref. 6107)
- Seafood Services Australia0 Austalian Fish Names List. http://www.seafoodservices.com.au/, version 16 September 2003. (Ref. 50831)
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
- Wu, H.L., K.-T. Shao and C.F. Lai (eds.)0 Latin-Chinese dictionary of fishes names. The Sueichan Press, Taiwan. 1028 p. (Ref. 31517)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!