The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Allen, M.J. and G.B. Smith. 1988. Atlas and zoogeography of common fishes in the Bering Sea and northeastern Pacific. NOAA Tech. Rep. NMFS 66, 151 p.
- Allen, M.J. and G.B. Smith0 Atlas and zoogeography of common fishes in the Bering Sea and northeastern Pacific. NOAA Tech. Rep. NMFS 66, 151 p. (Ref. 6793)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the American Museum of Natural History. American Museum of Natural History, Central Park West , NY 10024-5192, USA. (Ref. 41414)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Intitut fur Seefischerei (ISH). BIOLAB Forschungsinstitut, Hohenwestedt, Germany. (Ref. 35509)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the National Museum of Natural History (Smithsonian Institution). Smithsonian Institution-Division of Fishes. (Ref. 38732)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the University of British Columbia Fish Museum Fish Museum. University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. (Ref. 10937)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection of the Royal British Columbia Museum. Royal British Columbia Museum, 675 Belleville Street, Victoria BC, Canada V8V 1X4. (Ref. 42125)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection of the Royal Ontario Museum. Royal Ontario Museum. (Ref. 47438)
- Archibald, C.P., W. Shaw and B.M. Leaman0 Growth and mortality estimates of rockfishes (Scorpaenidae) from British Columbia Waters, 1977-1979. Can. Tech. Rep. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 1048:57 p. (Ref. 6416)
- Bailly, N. (2015). Sebastes brevispinis (Bean, 1884). In: Froese, R. and D. Pauly. Editors. (2015) FishBase. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=274778
- Beamish, R.J.0 New information on the longevity of Pacific Ocean perch (Sebastes alutus). J. Fish. Res. Board Can. 36:1395-1400. (Ref. 3491)
- Cailliet et al. (2001) Age determination and validation studies of marine fishes: do deep- dwellers live longer?. Exp Gerontol, 36:739-764.
- Cailliet, G.M., A.H. Andrews, E.J. Burton, D.L. Watters, D.E. Kline and L.A. Ferry-Graham0 Age determination and validation studies of marine fishes: do deep-dwellers live longer?. Exp. Geront. 36:739-764. (Ref. 39247)
- Carl, H.0 Danish fish names. Zoological Museum of Copenhagen. Unpublished. (Ref. 51471)
- Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences0 Chinese aquatic germplasm resources database. http://zzzy.fishinfo.cn (Ref. 58108)
- Edwards, A.M., P.J. Starr and R. Haigh0 Stock assessment for Pacific ocean perch (Sebastes alutus) in Queen Charlotte Sound, British Columbia. DFO Can. Sci. Advis. Sec. Res. Doc. 2011/111. 172 p. (Ref. 93933)
- Eschmeyer, W.N., E.S. Herald and H. Hammann0 A field guide to Pacific coast fishes of North America. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, U.S.A. 336 p. (Ref. 2850)
- Eschmeyer, W.N.0 PISCES. Eschmeyer's PISCES database as published on the Internet in June 1997, URL: gopher://gopher.calacademy.org:640/7. (Ref. 12965)
- Evermann, B.W. and E.L. Goldsborough0 The fishes of Alaska. Bull. U.S. Bur. Fish. 26: 219-360. (Ref. 11366)
- Evermann, Barton Warren; Goldsborough, Edmund Lee. 1907. Fishes of Alaska. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries, vol. 26, 1906; Fig.33
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis, 29 April 2008. (Ref. 75549)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, April 2014. (Ref. 95632)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, March 2010. (Ref. 83882)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, March 2012. (Ref. 90062)
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2013). FishBase (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Grabda, E. and T. Heese0 Polskie nazewnictwo popularne kraglouste i ryby. Cyclostomata et Pisces. Wyzsza Szkola Inzynierska w Koszalinie. Koszalin, Poland. 171 p. (in Polish). (Ref. 6313)
- Grant, D., M. Gjernes and N. Venables0 A practical guide to the identification of commercial groundfish species of British Columbia. Archipelago Marine Research Ltd., Victoria, BC, Canada. 34 p. (Ref. 31398)
- Hart, J.L.0 Pacific fishes of Canada. Bull. Fish. Res. Board Can. 180:740 p. (Ref. 6885)
- Heiltsuk Tribal Council0 Heiltsuk marine resources. Poster. (Ref. 51056)
- IGFA0 Database of IGFA angling records until 2001. IGFA, Fort Lauderdale, USA. (Ref. 40637)
- Kramer, D.E. and V.M. O'Connell0 Guide to Northeast Pacific rockfishes. Genera Sebastes and Sebastolobus. Alaska Sea Grant, Marine Advisory Bulletin No. 25. (Ref. 27437)
- Lamb, A. and P. Edgell0 Coastal fishes of the Pacific northwest. Harbour Publishing Co. Ltd., B.C., Canada. 224 p. (Ref. 27436)
- Lamb, A. and P. Edgell0 Coastal fishes of the Pacific northwest. Revised and expanded second edition. Harbour Publishing Co. Ltd., B.C., Canada. 335 p. (Ref. 94401)
- Matarese, A.C., A.W. Kendall, D.M. Blood and M.V. Vinter0 Laboratory guide to early life history stages of Northeast Pacific fishes. NOAA Tech. Rep. NMFS 80:1-652. (Ref. 265)
- Munk, K.M.0 Maximum ages of groundfishes in waters off Alaska and British Columbia and consideration of age determination. Alaska Fish. Res. Bull. 8(1):12-21. (Ref. 55701)
- Nelson, J.S., E.J. Crossman, H. Espinosa-P
- Nelson, Joseph S., Edwin J. Crossman, H. Espinosa-Pérez, L. T. Findley, C. R. Gilbert, et al., eds. 2004. Common and scientific names of fishes from the United States, Canada, and Mexico, Sixth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 29. ix + 386
- Quast, J.C. and E.L. Hall0 List of fishes of Alaska and adjacent waters with a guide to some of their literature. U.S. Dep. Commer., NOAA Tech. Rep. NMFS SSRF-658, 47 p. (Ref. 6876)
- Randolph, S. and M. Snyder0 The seafood list: FDA's guide to acceptable market names for seafood sold in interstate commerce. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, USA. pag. var. (Ref. 30426)
- Robins, C.R., R.M. Bailey, C.E. Bond, J.R. Brooker, E.A. Lachner, R.N. Lea and W.B. Scott0 A list of common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Am. Fish. Soc. Spec. Publ. (12)1-174. (Ref. 276)
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1980. A List of Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United States and Canada, Fourth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 12. 174
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1991. Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United States and Canada, Fifth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 20. 183
- Shaw, W. and C.P. Archibald0 Length and age data of rockfishes collected from B.C. coastal waters during 1977, 1978, and 1979. Can. Data Rep. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 289:119 p. (Ref. 35371)
- Wourms, J.P.0 Reproduction and development of Sebastes in the context of the evolution of piscine viviparity. Environ. Biol. Fish. 30:111-126. (Ref. 34817)
- Wu, H.L., K.-T. Shao and C.F. Lai (eds.)0 Latin-Chinese dictionary of fishes names. The Sueichan Press, Taiwan. 1028 p. (Ref. 31517)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!