The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the American Museum of Natural History. American Museum of Natural History, Central Park West , NY 10024-5192, USA. (Ref. 41414)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the National Museum of Natural History (Smithsonian Institution). Smithsonian Institution-Division of Fishes. (Ref. 38732)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). (Ref. 31982)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the University of British Columbia Fish Museum Fish Museum. University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. (Ref. 10937)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection of the Royal British Columbia Museum. Royal British Columbia Museum, 675 Belleville Street, Victoria BC, Canada V8V 1X4. (Ref. 42125)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection of the Royal Ontario Museum. Royal Ontario Museum. (Ref. 47438)
- Bailey, R.M., J.E. Fitch, E.S. Herald, E.A. Lachner, C.C. Lindsey, C.R. Robins and W.B. Scott0 A list of common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Third edition. Am. Fish. Soc. Spec. Pub. 6:150 p. (Ref. 10026)
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Carl, G.C. and W.A. Clemens0 The fresh-water fishes of British Columbia. B.C. Prov. Mus. Handb. 5:136 p. (Ref. 10201)
- Carl, G.C., W.A. Clemens and C.C. Lindsey0 The freshwater fishes of British Columbia (3rd revision). (Reprinted 1977). B.C. Prov. Mus. Handb. 5: 192 p. (Ref. 11382)
- Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences0 Chinese aquatic germplasm resources database. http://zzzy.fishinfo.cn (Ref. 58108)
- Coad, B.W.0 Encyclopedia of Canadian fishes. Canadian Museum of Nature and Canadian Sportfishing Productions Inc. Singapore. (Ref. 12204)
- Coker, G.A., C.B. Portt and C.K. Minns0 Morphological and ecological characteristics of Canadian freshwater fishes. Can. MS Rpt. Fish. Aquat. Sci. 2554:iv+89p. (Ref. 52559)
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2015). FishBase (version Jan 2015). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 26th August 2015 (Roskov Y., Abucay L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Kunze T., Flann C., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., DeWalt R.E., Decock W., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col. Species 2000: Naturalis, Leiden, the Netherlands. ISSN 2405-8858.
- Hugg, D.O.0 MAPFISH georeferenced mapping database. Freshwater and estuarine fishes of North America. Life Science Software. Dennis O. and Steven Hugg, 1278 Turkey Point Road, Edgewater, Maryland, USA. (Ref. 12193)
- Jordan, D.S. and B.W. Evermann0 The fishes of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the species of fish-like vertebrates found in the waters of North America, north of the isthmus of Panama. Part II. Bull. U.S. Nat. Mus. 47:1241-2183. (Ref. 1942)
- Jordan, D.S., B.W. Evermann and H.W. Clark0 Check list of the fishes and fishlike vertebrates of North and Middle America. Reprint Appendix X to Rep. U.S. Comm. Fish. (1928), 670 p. (Ref. 4567)
- Kinziger, A.P., R.M. Wood and D.A. Neely0 Molecular systematics of the genus Cottus (Scorpaeniformes: Cottidae). Copeia 2005(2):303-311. (Ref. 54825)
- Lemoine, M., M.K. Young, K.S. Mckelvey, L. Eby, K.L. Pilgrim and M.K. Schwartz0 Cottus schitsuumsh, a new species of sculpin (Scorpaeniformes: Cottidae) in the Columbia River basin, Idaho-Montana, USA. Zootaxa 3755(3):241-258. (Ref. 94998)
- McPhail, J.D. and R. Carveth0 Field key to the freshwater fishes of British Columbia. Fish Museum, Department of Zoology, U.B.C., Canada, 239 p. (Ref. 10882)
- Nelson, J.S., E.J. Crossman, H. Espinosa-Pérez, L.T. Findley, C.R. Gilbert, R.N. Lea and J.D. Williams0 Common and scientific names of fishes from the United States, Canada, and Mexico. American Fisheries Society, Special Publication 29, Bethesda, Maryland. ix, 386 p. + 1 CD. (Ref. 52299)
- Nelson, Joseph S., Edwin J. Crossman, H. Espinosa-Pérez, L. T. Findley, C. R. Gilbert, et al., eds. 2004. Common and scientific names of fishes from the United States, Canada, and Mexico, Sixth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 29. ix + 386
- Page, L.M. and B.M. Burr. 1991. A field guide to freshwater fishes of North America north of Mexico. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston. 432 p.
- Page, L.M. and B.M. Burr0 A field guide to freshwater fishes of North America north of Mexico. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston. 432 p. (Ref. 5723)
- Robins, C.R., R.M. Bailey, C.E. Bond, J.R. Brooker, E.A. Lachner, R.N. Lea and W.B. Scott0 A list of common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Am. Fish. Soc. Spec. Publ. (12)1-174. (Ref. 276)
- Robins, C.R., R.M. Bailey, C.E. Bond, J.R. Brooker, E.A. Lachner, R.N. Lea and W.B. Scott0 Common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Am. Fish. Soc. Spec. Pub. (20):183 p. (Ref. 3814)
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1980. A List of Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United States and Canada, Fourth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 12. 174
- Scott, W.B. and E.J. Crossman0 Freshwater fishes of Canada. Bull. Fish. Res. Board Can. 184:1-966. (Ref. 1998)
- Smith, R.0 Description of a new species of Uranidea (U. rothea) from Spokane River, Washington territory. Proc. U.S. Nat. Mus. 5:347-348. (Ref. 10362)
- Wu, H.L., K.-T. Shao and C.F. Lai (eds.)0 Latin-Chinese dictionary of fishes names. The Sueichan Press, Taiwan. 1028 p. (Ref. 31517)
- Wydoski, R.S. and R.R. Whitney0 Inland fishes of Washington. University Washington Press. 220p. (Ref. 58470)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!