The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 1. IUCN Red List (June, 2008) http://www.iucnredlist.org http://www.iucnredlist.org
- 2. Fishbase (June, 2008) http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.php?id=14268 http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.php?id=14268
- 3. Carpenter, K.E. and Niem, V.H. (1999) FAO Species Identification Guide for Fishery Purposes. The Living Marine Resources of the Western Central Pacific. Volume 4: Bony Fishes, Part 2 (Mugilidae to Carangidae). Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome.
- 4. NSW Department of Primary Industries (June, 2008) http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/species-protection/protected-species/marine-or-estuarine-species/syngnathiformes http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/species-protection/protected-species/marine-or-estuarine-species/syngnathiformes
- 5. Australian Museum (June, 2008) http://www.austmus.gov.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/sspinos.htm http://www.austmus.gov.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/sspinos.htm
- 6. Martin-Smith, K.M., Lam, T.F. and Lee, S.K. (2003) Trade in pipehorses (Solegnathus spp.) for traditional medicine in Hong Kong. TRAFFIC Bulletin, 19 (3): 139 - 148.
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the American Museum of Natural History. American Museum of Natural History, Central Park West , NY 10024-5192, USA. (Ref. 41414)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL). The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL), Ocean Springs, Mississippi, USA. (Ref. 34634)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the National Museum of Natural History (Smithsonian Institution). Smithsonian Institution-Division of Fishes. (Ref. 38732)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). (Ref. 31982)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Zoological Museum, University of Copenhagen. Zoological Museum, University of Copenhagen. (Ref. 40919)
- Baillie, J. and B. Groombridge (eds.)0 1996 IUCN red list of threatened animals. IUCN, Gland, Switzerland. 378 p. (Ref. 12255)
- Beentjes, P., B. Bull, R.J. Hurst and N.W. Bagley0 Demersal fish assemblages along the continental shelf and upper slope of the east coast of the South Island, New Zealand. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 36:197-223. (Ref. 58461)
- Breder, C.M. and D.E. Rosen0 Modes of reproduction in fishes. T.F.H. Publications, Neptune City, New Jersey. 941 p. (Ref. 205)
- Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences0 Chinese aquatic germplasm resources database. http://zzzy.fishinfo.cn (Ref. 58108)
- Dawson, C.E.0 Indo-Pacific pipefishes (Red Sea to the Americas). The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory Ocean Springs, Mississippi, USA. (Ref. 5316)
- Eschmeyer, W.N. (ed.)0 Catalog of fishes. Special Publication, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco. 3 vols. 2905 p. (Ref. 26282)
- Eschmeyer, W.N. (ed.)0 Catalog of fishes. Updated database version of January 2004. Catalog databases as made available to FishBase in January 2004. (Ref. 50838)
- Francis, M.P.0 Geographic distribution of marine reef fishes in the New Zealand region. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 30:35-55. (Ref. 45524)
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2013). FishBase (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Hilton-Taylor, C.0 2000 IUCN red list of threatened species. IUCN, Gland, Switzerland and Cambridge, UK. xviii + 61 p. (with 1 CD-ROM). (Ref. 36508)
- Hoese, D.F., D.J. Bray, J.R. Paxton and G.R. Allen0 Fishes. In Beasley, O.L. and A. Wells (eds.) Zoological Catalogue of Australia. Volume 35.2 Australia: ABRS & CSIRO Publishing, 1472 p. (Ref. 75154)
- Hudson, E. and G. Mace (eds.)0 Marine fish and the IUCN red list of threatened animals. Report of the workshop held in collaboration with WWF and IUCN at the Zoological Society of London, April 29-May 1 1996. World Wildlife Fund, Zoological Society of London, The World Conservation Union, 26 p. (Ref. 11858)
- Hureau, J.-C.0 La base de donn
- Lourie, S.A., A.C.J. Vincent and H.J. Hall0 Seahorses: an identification guide to the world's species and their conservation. Project Seahorse, London. 214 p. (Ref. 30915)
- May, J.L. and J.G.H. Maxwell. 1986. Trawl fish from temperate waters of Australia. CSIRO Division of Fisheries Research, Tasmania. 492 p.
- May, J.L. and J.G.H. Maxwell0 Trawl fish from temperate waters of Australia. CSIRO Division of Fisheries Research, Tasmania. 492 p. (Ref. 9563)
- Paulin, C., A. Stewart, C. Roberts and P. McMillan0 New Zealand fish: a complete guide. National Museum of New Zealand Miscellaneous Series No. 19. 279 p. (Ref. 5755)
- Roberts, C.D.0 Fishes of the Chatham Islands, New Zealand: a trawl survey and summary of the ichthyofauna. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 25(1):1-19. (Ref. 45493)
- Stevenson, M.L.0 Trawl survey of the west coast of the South Island and Tasman and Golden Bays, March-april 2003 (KAH0304). New Zealand Fisheries Assessment Report 2004/4. 69 p. (Ref. 58489)
- Wu, H.L., K.-T. Shao and C.F. Lai (eds.)0 Latin-Chinese dictionary of fishes names. The Sueichan Press, Taiwan. 1028 p. (Ref. 31517)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!