The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Altman, P.L. and D.S. Dittmer0 Growth, including reproduction and morphological development. Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. (Ref. 72462)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the American Museum of Natural History. American Museum of Natural History, Central Park West , NY 10024-5192, USA. (Ref. 41414)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the National Museum of Natural History (Smithsonian Institution). Smithsonian Institution-Division of Fishes. (Ref. 38732)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection of the Royal Ontario Museum. Royal Ontario Museum. (Ref. 47438)
- Baker, W.H., R.E. Blanton and C.E. Johnston0 Diversity within the redeye bass, Micropterus coosae (Perciformes: Centrarchidae) species group, with descriptions of four new species. Zootaxa 3635(4):379-401. (Ref. 93229)
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Breder, C.M. and D.E. Rosen0 Modes of reproduction in fishes. T.F.H. Publications, Neptune City, New Jersey. 941 p. (Ref. 205)
- Bunkley-Williams, L. and E.H. Williams Jr.0 Nematodes of freshwater fishes of the Neotropical region. (Book review). Caribb. J. Sci. 38(3-4):289-294. (Ref. 46699)
- Burgess, G.H. and R. Franz0 Zoogeography of the Antillean freshwater fish fauna. p. 236-304. In C.A. Woods (ed.) Biogeography of the West Indies: past, present, and future. (Ref. 27158)
- Carl, H.0 Danish fish names. Zoological Museum of Copenhagen. Unpublished. (Ref. 51471)
- Carlander, K.D.0 Handbook of freshwater fishery biology, volume 2. The Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa. (Ref. 3993)
- Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences0 Chinese aquatic germplasm resources database. http://zzzy.fishinfo.cn (Ref. 58108)
- Erdman, D.S.0 Exotic fishes in Puerto Rico. p. 162-176. In W.R. Courtney, Jr. and J.R. Stauffer, Jr. (eds.) Distribution, biology and management of exotic fishes. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, USA. (Ref. 6443)
- Erdman, D.S.0 Nombres vulgares de los peces en Puerto Rico (Common names of fishes in Puerto Rico). Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Technical report, vol 3. no. 2, second revised edition. 44 p. (Ref. 58971)
- Etnier, D.A. and W.C. Starnes0 The fishes of Tennessee. The University of Tennessee Press, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA. (pls. check date). (Ref. 10294)
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2013). FishBase (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Hugg, D.O.0 MAPFISH georeferenced mapping database. Freshwater and estuarine fishes of North America. Life Science Software. Dennis O. and Steven Hugg, 1278 Turkey Point Road, Edgewater, Maryland, USA. (Ref. 12193)
- International Game Fish Association0 World record game fishes. International Game Fish Association, Florida, USA. (Ref. 4699)
- Lee, D.S., S.P. Platania and G.H. Burgess0 Atlas of North American freshwater fishes, 1983 supplement. Occasional Papers of the North Carolina Biological Survey no. 1983-6. North Carolina State Museum of Natural History, Raleigh, N.C. 67 p. (Ref. 13498)
- Martin, F.D. and J.W. Patus0 An annotated key to the Teleost fishes of Puerto Rico. Compendio Enciclopedico de los Recursos Nat. 5:1-191. (Ref. 50307)
- Nelson, J.S., E.J. Crossman, H. Espinosa-P
- Nelson, Joseph S., Edwin J. Crossman, H. Espinosa-Pérez, L. T. Findley, C. R. Gilbert, et al., eds. 2004. Common and scientific names of fishes from the United States, Canada, and Mexico, Sixth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 29. ix + 386
- Page, L.M. and B.M. Burr. 1991. A field guide to freshwater fishes of North America north of Mexico. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston. 432 p.
- Page, L.M. and B.M. Burr0 A field guide to freshwater fishes of North America north of Mexico. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston. 432 p. (Ref. 5723)
- Parsons, J.W.0 Growth and habits of the redeye bass. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. 83:202-211. (Ref. 4031)
- Robins, C.R., R.M. Bailey, C.E. Bond, J.R. Brooker, E.A. Lachner, R.N. Lea and W.B. Scott0 A list of common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Am. Fish. Soc. Spec. Publ. (12)1-174. (Ref. 276)
- Robins, C.R., R.M. Bailey, C.E. Bond, J.R. Brooker, E.A. Lachner, R.N. Lea and W.B. Scott0 Common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Am. Fish. Soc. Spec. Pub. (20):183 p. (Ref. 3814)
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1980. A List of Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United States and Canada, Fourth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 12. 174
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1991. Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United States and Canada, Fifth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 20. 183
- Swingle, W.E.0 Length-weight relationships of Alabama fishes. Auburn Univ. Agric. Exp. Sta. Zool.-Ent. Ser. Fish. 3:87 p. (Ref. 3774)
- Welcomme, R.L.0 International introductions of inland aquatic species. FAO Fish. Tech. Pap. 294. 318 p. (Ref. 1739)
- Wu, H.L., K.-T. Shao and C.F. Lai (eds.)0 Latin-Chinese dictionary of fishes names. The Sueichan Press, Taiwan. 1028 p. (Ref. 31517)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!