The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Annala, J.H. and K.J. Sullivan (comps.)0 Report from the Fishery Assessment Plenary, May 1997: stock assessments and yield estimates. (Unpublished report held in NIWA library, Wellington). 381 p. (Ref. 54100)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the American Museum of Natural History. American Museum of Natural History, Central Park West , NY 10024-5192, USA. (Ref. 41414)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the National Museum of Natural History (Smithsonian Institution). Smithsonian Institution-Division of Fishes. (Ref. 38732)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). (Ref. 31982)
- Armitage, R.O., D.A. Payne, G.J. Lockley, H.M. Currie, R.L. Colban, B.G. Lamb and L.J. Paul (eds.)0 Guide book to New Zealand commercial fish species. Revised edition. New Zealand Fishing Industry Board, Wellington, New Zealand, 216 p. (Ref. 9258)
- Beentjes, P., B. Bull, R.J. Hurst and N.W. Bagley0 Demersal fish assemblages along the continental shelf and upper slope of the east coast of the South Island, New Zealand. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 36:197-223. (Ref. 58461)
- Breder, C.M. and D.E. Rosen0 Modes of reproduction in fishes. T.F.H. Publications, Neptune City, New Jersey. 941 p. (Ref. 205)
- Carl, H.0 Danish fish names. Zoological Museum of Copenhagen. Unpublished. (Ref. 51471)
- Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences0 Chinese aquatic germplasm resources database. http://zzzy.fishinfo.cn (Ref. 58108)
- Cox, G. and M. Francis. 1997. Sharks and rays of New Zealand. Canterbury Univ. Press, Univ. of Canterbury. 68 p.
- Cox, G. and M. Francis0 Sharks and rays of New Zealand. Canterbury Univ. Press, Univ. of Canterbury. 68 p. (Ref. 26346)
- Didier, D.A.0 Phylogenetic systematics of extant chimaeroid fishes (Holocephali, Chimaeroidei). Am. Mus. Novit. (3119):1-86. (Ref. 39419)
- Didier, Dominique A. 1995. Phylogenetic Systematics of Extant Chimaeroid Fishes (Holocephali, Chimaerodei). American Museum Novitates (3119). 1-86
- Doonan, I.J., M. Dunn and A.C. Hart0 Abundance estimates of orange roughy on the Northeastern and Eastern Chatham Rise, July 2007: wide-area trawl survey and hill acoustic survery (TAN0709). New Zealand Fisheries Assessment Report 2009/20. 41 p. (Ref. 87166)
- Eschmeyer, W.N. (ed.)0 Catalog of fishes. Special Publication, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco. 3 vols. 2905 p. (Ref. 26282)
- Eschmeyer, W.N. (ed.)0 Catalog of fishes. Updated internet version of 02 October 2012. Catalog databases of CAS cited in FishBase (website). (Ref. 92135)
- Eschmeyer, William N., ed. 1998. Catalog of Fishes. Special Publication of the Center for Biodiversity Research and Information, no. 1, vol 1-3. 2905
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis, 29 April 2008. (Ref. 75549)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, April 2014. (Ref. 95632)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, March 2010. (Ref. 83882)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, March 2012. (Ref. 90062)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, [accessed 13/04/2015]. (Ref. 101110)
- Fritzsch, B. and P. Moller0 A history of electroreception. p. 39-55. In P. Moller (ed.) Electric fishes:history and behavior. Fish and Fisheries Series 17. Chapman & Hall, London. (Ref. 10311)
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2015). FishBase (version Jan 2015). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 26th August 2015 (Roskov Y., Abucay L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Kunze T., Flann C., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., DeWalt R.E., Decock W., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col. Species 2000: Naturalis, Leiden, the Netherlands. ISSN 2405-8858.
- Horn, P.L.0 A summary of biology and commercial landings, and stock assessment of ghost sharks (Hydrolagus spp.) in New Zealand waters. Draft New Zealand Fish. Assess. Res. Doc. (Ref. 54109)
- Lewis A. K. Barnett, Dominique A. Didier, Douglas J. Long, David A. Ebert (2006): Hydrolagus mccoskeri sp. nov., a new species of chimaeroid fish from the Galápagos Islands (Holocephali: Chimaeriformes: Chimaeridae). Zootaxa 1328, 27-38: 36-36, URL:http://www.zoobank.org/urn:lsid:zoobank.org:pub:682471C6-2C88-4399-B207-3716238191A6
- McMillan, P.J., M.P. Francis, G.D. James, L.J. Paul, P.J Marriott, E. Mackay, B.A. Wood, L.H. Griggs, H. Sui and F. Wei0 New Zealand fishes. Volume 1: A field guide to common species caught by bottom and midwater fishing. New Zealand Aquatic Environment and Biodiversity Report No. 68. 329 p. (Ref. 89422)
- Ministry of Fisheries0 MFish approved species codes - Table 1-4. http://www.fish.govt.nz/en-nz/International/High+Seas+Fishing/MFish+Approved+Species+Codes/MFish+Approved+Species+Codes+01.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic%2526WBCMODE (Ref. 89583)
- O'Driscoll, R.L. and N.W. Bagley0 Trawl survey of middle depth species in the Southland and Sub-Antarctic areas, November-December 2003 (TAN0317). New Zealand Fisheries Assessment Report 2004/49, 58 p. (Ref. 52469)
- Paul, L.0 New Zealand fishes. Identification, Natural history and Fisheries. Reed Books, Auckland. (Ref. 72381)
- Paulin, C., A. Stewart, C. Roberts and P. McMillan0 New Zealand fish: a complete guide. National Museum of New Zealand Miscellaneous Series No. 19. 279 p. (Ref. 5755)
- Randolph, S. and M. Snyder0 The seafood list: FDA's guide to acceptable market names for seafood sold in interstate commerce. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, USA. pag. var. (Ref. 30426)
- Roberts, C.D.0 Fishes of the Chatham Islands, New Zealand: a trawl survey and summary of the ichthyofauna. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 25(1):1-19. (Ref. 45493)
- Wu, H.L., K.-T. Shao and C.F. Lai (eds.)0 Latin-Chinese dictionary of fishes names. The Sueichan Press, Taiwan. 1028 p. (Ref. 31517)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!