Data about <i>Porites cumulatus</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|Philippines||World Register of Marine Species|
|West North Pacific||World Register of Marine Species|
|-20.4 degrees||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||13.52 degrees||OBIS Environmental Information|
|120.95 degrees||OBIS Environmental Information|
|min||44.22 degrees||OBIS Environmental Information|
Relevance to Humans and Ecosystems
Glossary for Porites cumulatus
- Calcium carbonate (CO3Ca), aragonite structure
- Calcium carbonate
- A carbonate salt that has formula CO3Ca
- Conservation status
- Coral reef
- Aragonite structures produced by living organisms, found in shallow, marine waters with little nutrients in the water.
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- Geographic distribution
- A description of the geographic distribution, or range, of the taxon. Includes descriptions of global, regional, or political aspects of range and whether the taxon is native or introduced in portions of the range and endemicity.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Meters. A length unit which is equal to the length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.
- Marine biome
- An aquatic biome that comprises systems of open-ocean and unprotected coastal habitats, characterized by exposure to wave action, tidal fluctuation, and ocean currents as well as systems that largely resemble these. Water in the marine biome is generally within the salinity range of seawater: 30 to 38 ppt.
- Marine habitat
- A habitat that is in or on a sea or ocean containing high concentrations of dissolved salts and other total dissolved solids (typically >35 grams dissolved salts per litre).
- Mineralized tissue
- Continuous saline-water bodies that surround the continents and fill the Earth's great depressions.
- Population trend
- A ridge of rocks, lying near the surface of the sea, which may be visible at low tide, but is usually covered by water.
- A taxon is Vulnerable when the best available evidence indicates that it meets any of the criteria A to E for Vulnerable, and it is therefore considered to be facing a high risk of extinction in the wild.
- Water depth
- The depth of seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!