The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- D. A. Burney and N. Vasey. 2008. New findings at Andrahomana Cave, southeastern Madagascar. Journal of Cave and Karst Studies 70(1):13-24
- De Kort, S. R. and C. ten Cate. 2001. Response to interspecific vocalizations is affected by degree of phylogenetic relatedness in Streptopelia doves. Animal Behaviour 61:239247.
- De Kort, S. R. and C. ten Cate. 2004. Repeated decrease in vocal repertoire size in Streptopelia doves. Animal Behaviour 67:549-557.
- Johnson, K. P., S. De Kort, K. Dinwoodey, A. C. Mateman, C. ten Cate, C. M. Lessells, and D. H. Clayton. 2001. A molecular phylogeny of the dove genera Streptopella and Columba. Auk 118(4):874-887.
- Slabbekoorn, H., S. De Kort, and C. ten Cate. 1999. Comparative analysis of perch-coo vocalizations in Streptopelia doves. Auk 116:737748.
- Urban, E.K., C.H. Fry & S. Keith (1986). The Birds of Africa, Volume II. Academic Press, London.
- WoRMS (2013). Streptopelia Bonaparte, 1855. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=205651