The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Espanhol, R., P.R. Almeida, and M.J. Alves. 2007. Evolutionary history of lamprey paired species Lampetra fluviatilis (L.) and Lampetra planeri (Bloch) as inferred from mitochondrial DNA variation. Molecular Ecology 16:1909-1924.
- Foy, Sally; Oxford Scientific Films. 1982. The Grand Design: Form and Colour in Animals. Lingfield, Surrey, U.K.: BLA Publishing Limited for J.M.Dent & Sons Ltd, Aldine House, London. 238 p.
- Gill, H.S., C.B. Renaud, F. Chapleau, R.L. Mayden, and I.C. Potter. 2003. Phylogeny of Living Parasitic Lampreys (Petromyzontiformes) Based on Morphological Data. Copeia 2003(4): 687-703.
- Hamilton, Robert. 1866. British Fishes, Part II. London, England : Chatto and Windus. Naturalist's Library, vol. 37; Facing page 338
- Hardisty MW; Potter IC. 1971. The biology of lampreys, Vol. 1. London: Academic Press. 423 p.
- Janvier, P. 2010. microRNAs revive old views about jawless vertebrate divergence and evolution. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (U.S.A.) 107(45): 19137-19138.
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Page, L.M. and B.M. Burr 2011. Peterson Field Guide to Freshwater Fishes, 2nd edition. Houghton Mifflin, New York.
- Patel, L.N.; Murray, A.; Hallam, J. 2007. Super-lampreys and wave energy: Optimised control of artificially-evolved, simulated swimming lamprey. Neurocomputing. 70(7-9): 1139-1154.
- Potter, I.C. and R.W. Hilliard.1987. A proposal for the functional and phylogenetic significance of differences in the dentition of lampreys (Agnatha: Petromyzontiformes). Journal of Zoology 212: 713-737.
- Renaud, C.B. Lampreys of the world. An annotated and illustrated catalogue of lamprey species known to date. FAO Species Catalogue for Fishery Purposes. No. 5. Rome, FAO. 2011. 109 pp. Accessible from: http://www.fao.org/docrep/015/i2335e/i2335e00.htm
- Renaud, Claude B. 2011. Lampreys of the world. An annotated and illustrated catalogue of lamprey species known to date. FAO Species Catalogue for Fishery Purposes, No. 5. vi + 109
- Tributsch, H. 1984. How life learned to live. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press. 218 p.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!