There are around 15 species of mackerel shark. This order includes the Great White Shark and other famous sharks. These sharks have two dorsal fins, five gill slits on each side, and a mouth that ends behind they eyes.
- “Isurus oxyrinchus.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isurus_oxyrinchus
- “Lamniformes.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamniformes
- “Lamniformes.”Biology of Sharks and Rays. Available from:
- “Isurus oxyrinchus.” Encyclopedia of Life, available from: http://www.eol.org/pages/356797
- Rudolph, N. 2002. "Isurus oxyrinchus" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Accessed January 26, 2012 http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Isurus_oxyrinchus.html.
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
|Specimen Records:||924||Public Records:||571|
|Specimens with Sequences:||788||Public Species:||14|
|Specimens with Barcodes:||658||Public BINs:||16|
|Species With Barcodes:||15|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!