There are around 15 species of mackerel shark. This order includes the Great White Shark and other famous sharks. These sharks have two dorsal fins, five gill slits on each side, and a mouth that ends behind they eyes.
- “Isurus oxyrinchus.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isurus_oxyrinchus
- “Lamniformes.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamniformes
- “Lamniformes.”Biology of Sharks and Rays. Available from:
- “Isurus oxyrinchus.” Encyclopedia of Life, available from: http://www.eol.org/pages/356797
- Rudolph, N. 2002. "Isurus oxyrinchus" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Accessed January 26, 2012 http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Isurus_oxyrinchus.html.
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimen Records: 930
Specimens with Sequences: 792
Specimens with Barcodes: 662
Species With Barcodes: 16
Public Records: 571
Public Species: 14
Public BINs: 16
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!