The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Cirrus Digital Imaging. "Peck's Skipper Butterfly Photos" (On-line ). Cirrus Digital Imaging. Accessed 06/21/03 at http://www.cirrusimage.com/skipper_yellowpatch.htm.
- Glassberg, J. 1999. Butterflies Through Binoculars: the East. NY: Oxford University Press.
Hilty, J. Editor. 2015. Insect Visitors of Illinois Wildflowers. World Wide Web electronic publication. illinoiswildflowers.info, version (09/2015)
See: Abbreviations for Insect Activities, Abbreviations for Scientific Observers, References for behavioral observations
- Hodges, Ronald W., et al., eds. 1983. Check List of the Lepidoptera of America North of Mexico. xxiv + 284
- Iftner, D., J. Shuey, J. Calhoun. 1992. Butterflies and Skippers of Ohio. Columbus, OH: Ohio Biological Survey Bulletin, Vol 9 No 1.
- Klots, A. 1951. A Field Guide to the Butterflies of North American, East of the Great Plains. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Massachusetts Butterfly Club. "Peck's Skipper" (On-line ). Massachusetts Butterfly Club. Accessed 06/21/03 at http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabambc/construct-species-page.asp?sp=Polites-peckius.
- Miller, J. 1992. The Common Names of North American Butterflies. Washington DC: Smithsonian Institute Press.
- Miller, L., F. Brown. 1981. A Catalogue/Checklist of the Butterflies of America North of Mexico. Lepidopterist' Society Memoir No. 2.
- Opler, P., G. Krizek. 1984. Butterflies East of the Great Plains. Baltimore: John Hopkins University Press.
- Opler, Paul A. 1999. A Field Guide to Western Butterflies, Second Edition. xiv + 540
- Pelham, Jonathan P. 2008. A catalogue of the butterflies of the United States and Canada with a complete bibliography of the descriptive and systematic literature. Journal of Research on the Lepidoptera, vol. 40. xiv + 658
- Reese, M. 2003. "Peck's Skipper and Spider" (On-line ). Butterflies of Waushara County. Accessed 06/21/03 at http://www.wautoma.k12.wi.us/WHS/FACULTY/REESE/BUTTERFL/Skippers/Pecksskipper/Pecksandspider.htm.
- Scott, J. 1986. The Butterflies of North American. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Shapiro, A. 1966. Butterflies of the Delaware Valley. American Entomological Society Special Publication.
Struttman, J. "Butterflies of Pennsylvania Peck's Skipper <
> (=< >)" (On-line ). Butterflies of North America. Accessed 06/21/03 at http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/distr/lepid/bflyusa/pa/548.htm.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!