The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- A randomized, controlled field trial for the prevention of jellyfish stings with a topical sting inhibitor. Journal of Travel Medicine. 13, 166-171. (2006).
- The Annual Pattern of Feeding, Growth, and Sexual Reproduction in Cyanea (Cnidaria: Scyphozoa) in the Niantic River Estuary, Connecticut. Biol Bull. 176, (1989).
- Spatial overlap and trophic interactions between pelagic fish and large jellyfish in the northern California Current. Marine Biology. 154, 649-659. (2008).
- Increases in jellyfish biomass in the Bering Sea: implications for the ecosystem. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 233, 89-103. (2002).
- Prolonged urinary incontinence and biliary dyskinesia following abdominal contact with jellyfish tentacles. Wilderness and Environmental Medicine. 17, 180-186. (2006).
- Cairns, Stephen D., Dale R. Calder, Anita Brinckmann-Voss, Clovis B. Castro, Daphne G. Fautin,.. 2002. Common and Scientific Names of Aquatic Invertebrates from the United States and Canada: Cnidaria and Ctenophora, Second Edition, 2002. American Fisheries Society Special Publication 28. xi + 115
- The Light and Smith manual: intertidal invertebrates from central California, 4th ed.. 1001. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. (2007).
- A method for eradicating amphipod parasites (Hyperiidae) from host jellyfish, Chrysaora fuscescens (Brandt, 1835), in a closed recirculating system. Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine. 40, 174-180. (2009).
- Associations between gelatinous zooplankton and hyperiid amphipods (Crustacea: Peracarida) in the Gulf of California. Hydrobiologia. 530/531, 529-535. (2004).
- Efficacy of a jellyfish sting inhibitor in preventing jellyfish stings in normal volunteers. Wilderness and Environmental Medicine. 15, 102-108. (2004).
- Scyphomedusae and cubomedusae from the eastern Pacific. Pacific Bulletin of Marine Science. 47, 546-556. (1990).
- Mass deposition event of Pyrosoma atlanticum carcasses off Ivory Coast (West Africa). LIMNOLOGY AND OCEANOGRAPHY. 54, 1197-1209. (2009).
- Marques, Antonio C., and Allen G. Collins. 2004. Cladistic analysis of Medusozoa and cnidarian evolution. Invertebrate Biology, vol. 123, no. 1. 23-42
- Faunal associates of an undescribed species of Chrysaora (Cnidaria, Scyphozoa) in the Southern California Bight, with notes on unusual occurences of other warm water species in the area. Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. 90, 89-101. (1991).
- Chrysaora achlyos, a remarkable new species of scyphozoan from the Eastern Pacific. Biological Bulletin. 193, 8-13. (1997).
- Feeding patterns and predation potential of scyphomedusae in a highly productive upwelling region. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 358, 161-172. (2008).
- Life cycle of Chrysaora fuscescens (Cnidaria: Scyphozoa) and a key to sympatric ephydrae. Pacific Science. 62, 71-82. (2008).
- WoRMS (2014). Semaeostomeae. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=135225
- Pacific Coast Pelagic Invertebrates: A Guide to the Common Gelatinous Animal (corrected 2nd printing, 2003). 112. Monterey, CA: Sea Challengers and Monterey Bay Aquarium. (1998).
- Aurelia aurita, Moon Jellyfish. MarineBio. 2010, (2010).
- Lion''s Mane Jellyfish. The Marine Fauna Gallery of Norway. 2010, (2010).
- Lion's mane jellyfish - Cyanea capillata. 2010, (2010).
- Lion's mane jellyfish. Wikipedia. 2010, (2010).
- Aurelia aurita - Moon Jelly. 2010, (2005).
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!