Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:17
Specimens with Barcodes:10
Species With Barcodes:3
Nidaliidae is a family of soft corals in the phylum Cnidaria. Some members of this family are similar in appearance to gorgonians (sea fans). They are difficult to keep in the reef aquarium because they do not contain symbiotic zooxanthellae and therefore need to be fed on zooplankton. Others, in the genera Agaricoidea, Nidalla and Pieterfaurea, more resemble members of the family Nephtheidae and these are somewhat easier to keep in the aquarium.
- Agaricoides Simpson, 1905
- Chironephthya Studer, 1887
- Nephthyigorgia Kükenthal, 1910
- Nidalia Gray, 1834
- Nidaliopsis Kükenthal, 1906
- Orlikia Malyutin, 1993
- Pieterfaurea Verseveldt & Bayer, 1988
- Siphonogorgia Kölliker, 1874
- van Ofwegen, Leen (2013). "Nidaliidae Gray, 1869". World Register of Marine Species. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- The Soft Corals, Order Alcyonacea; Use In Reef Aquariums Wet Web Media. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!