The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- . 1899. Annual report of the Commissioners of Fisheries, Game and Forests of the State of New York for 1898. Albany, New York : State of New York; Facing page 18
- B. J. Copeland, K. R. Tenore, D. B. Horton, Oligohaline regime. In: Coastal Ecological Systems of the United States, H. T. Odum, B. J. Copeland, E. A. McMahan, Eds. (Conservation Foundation, Washington, DC, 1974) 2:315-357, from p. 318.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Bean, Tarleton H. 1889. Report on the fishes observed in Great Egg Harbor Bay, New Jersey, During the summer of 1887. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission. v.7 1887; Plate II-6
- Eschmeyer, William N. 1990. Genera of Recent Fishes. iii + 697
- Goode, George Brown. 1884. Fisheries and Fishery Industries of the United States: Section I, Natural History of Useful Aquatic Animals, Plates. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office; Plate 120
- J. J. Sepkoski, Jr. 2002. A compendium of fossil marine animal genera. Bulletins of American Paleontology 363:1-560
- Jordan, David Starr, 1851-1931. 1889. Review of the Sciaenidae of America and Europe. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Report of the Commissioner (United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries), 1886; Plate Ia
- Link J (2002) Does food web theory work for marine ecosystems? Mar Ecol Prog Ser 230:19
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
- Shufeldt, R. W. 1901. Experiments in Photography of Live Fishes. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission, vol. 19, 1899; Plate 5-1