Habitat and Ecology
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Eurema brigitta
There is 1 barcode sequence available from BOLD and GenBank. Below is the sequence of the barcode region Cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (COI or COX1) from a member of the species. See the BOLD taxonomy browser for more complete information about this specimen. Other sequences that do not yet meet barcode criteria may also be available.
-- end --
Download FASTA File
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Eurema brigitta
Public Records: 1
Specimens with Barcodes: 20
Species With Barcodes: 1
IUCN Red List Assessment
Red List Category
Red List Criteria
Small Grass Yellow or Broad-bordered Grass Yellow (Eurema brigitta) is a small butterfly of the family Pieridae, that is, the Yellows and Whites, which is found in India and other parts of Asia. It is also present in Australia and Africa.
- Eurema brigitta brigitta (Tropical Africa)
- Eurema brigitta pulchella (Boisduval, 1833) (Madagascar, Mauritius, Comoro Islands, Aldabra Islands)
- Eurema brigitta drona (Horsfield, ) (Sumatra, Java to Lombok)
- Eurema brigitta senna (C. & R. Felder, ) (Peninsular Malaya, Singapore)
- Eurema brigitta fruhstorferi (Moore, 1906) (eastern Indo-China)
- Eurema brigitta ina Eliot, 1956 (southern Sulawesi)
- Eurema brigitta hainana (Moore, 1878) (Hainan)
- Eurema brigitta rubella (Wallace, 1867) (Sri Lanka, India, Burma to southern China, Nicobars)
- Eurema brigitta formosana Matsumura, 1919 (Taiwan)
- Eurema brigitta yunnana (Mell)
- Eurema brigitta australis (Wallace, 1867) (Australia, New Guinea, Papua New Guinea)
- Woodhall, S. Field Guide to Butterflies of South Africa, Cape Town: Struik Publishers, 2005.
- Evans, W.H. (1932) The Identification of Indian Butterflies. (2nd Ed), Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai, India
- Gaonkar, Harish (1996) Butterflies of the Western Ghats, India (including Sri Lanka) - A Biodiversity Assessment of a threatened mountain system. Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society.
- Gay, Thomas; Kehimkar, Isaac & Punetha, J.C. (1992) Common Butterflies of India. WWF-India and Oxford University Press, Mumbai, India.
- Kunte, Krushnamegh (2005) Butterflies of Peninsular India. Universities Press.
- Wynter-Blyth, M.A. (1957) Butterflies of the Indian Region, Bombay Natural History Society, Mumbai, India.
Habits, Behavior, Views
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Eurema brigitta|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Eurema brigitta|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!