The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Kingdon, J. 1997. The Kingdon Field Guide to African Mammals. Academic Press, San Diego, CA.
- M. C. McKenna and S. K. Bell. 1997. Classification of Mammals Above the Species Level
- Nowak, R.M. 1991. Walker's Mammals of the World, 5th edition. Volume 1. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore.
- Simpson, George Gaylord. 1945. The principles of classification and a classification of mammals. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History, vol. 85. xvi + 350
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vols. 1 & 2. 2000
- Wilson, Don E., and F. Russell Cole. 2000. Common Names of Mammals of the World. xiv + 204
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!