The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Foy, Sally; Oxford Scientific Films. 1982. The Grand Design: Form and Colour in Animals. Lingfield, Surrey, U.K.: BLA Publishing Limited for J.M.Dent & Sons Ltd, Aldine House, London. 238 p.
- Hart BL, Hart LA, McCoy M, Sarath CR. Cognitive behavior in Asian elephants: use and modification of branches for fly switching. Anim Behav 62: 839–847, 2001.
- Laursen, L. and M. Bekoff. 1978. Loxodonta africana. Mammalian Species No. 92, Loxodonta africana (Jan. 6, 1978), pp. 1-8. Published by: American Society of Mammalogists.
- Shoshani, J. and J.F. Eisenberg. 1982. Elephas maximus. Mammalian Species No. 182, Elephas maximus (Jun. 18, 1982), pp. 1-8. Published by: American Society of Mammalogists.
- Shuker, KPN. 2001. The Hidden Powers of Animals: Uncovering the Secrets of Nature. London: Marshall Editions Ltd. 240 p.
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vols. 1 & 2. 2142
- Wittemeyer, G. 2011. Family Elephantidae (elephants). Pp. 50-79. in: Wilson, D.E. & Mittermeier, R.A., eds. Handbook of the Mammals of the World. Volume 2. Hoofed Mammals. Lynx Edicions, Barcelona.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!