The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 2003. "UNEP-WCMC Species Database: CITES-Listed Species" (On-line). Accessed November 14, 2003 at http://www.cites.org/eng/resources/species.html.
- Ali, S., D. Ripley. 1973. Handbook of the Birds of India and Pakistan, Vol. 9. London: Oxford University Press.
- Alstrom, P., K. Mild. 2003. Pipits and Wagtails. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Badyaev, A., P. Hendricks. 2001. Wagtails and Pipits. Pp. 479-484 in C Elphick, J Dunning, D Sibley, eds. The Sibley Guide to Bird Life and Behavior. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Bent, A. 1950. Life Histories of North American Wagtails, Shrikes, Vireos, and Their Allies. Washington: United States Government Printing Office.
- Campbell, B., E. Lack. 1985. A Dictionary of Birds. Vermillion: Buteo Books.
- Campbell, R., N. Dawe, I. McTaggart-Cowan, J. Cooper, G. Kaiser, C. McNall, G. Smith. 1997. The Birds of British Columbia, Volume 3. Vancouver: UBC Press.
- Cramp, S., D. Brooks, E. Dunn, R. Gillmor, J. Hall-Craggs, P. Hollom, E. Nicholson, M. Ogilvie, C. Roselaar, P. Sellar, K. Simmons, K. Voous, D. Wallace, M. Wilson. 1988. Handbook of The Birds of Europe the Middle East and North Africa: The Birds of the Western Palearctic, Volume V, Tyrant Flycatchers to Thrushes. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Fry, C., D. Pearson, P. Taylor. 1992. Motacillidae, wagtails, pipits and longclaws. Pp. 197-262 in S Keith, E Urban, C Fry, eds. The Birds of Africa, Vol. IV. London: Academic Press.
- Gill, F. 1995. Ornithology, Second Edition. New York: W.H. Freeman and Company.
- IUCN, 2002. "The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species" (On-line). Accessed November 10, 2003 at http://www.redlist.org/.
- Payne, R. 2003. "Bird Families of the World" (On-line). Accessed November 10, 2003 at http://www.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/birds/Bird_Families_of_the_World.html.
- Sibley, C., J. Ahlquist. 1990. Phylogeny and Classification of Birds, A study in Molecular Evolution. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Simms, E. 1992. British Larks, Pipits & Wagtails. London: Harper Collins Publishers.
- Threatened and Endangered Species System, 2003. "U.S. Listed Vertebrate Animal Species Report by Taoxonomic Group" (On-line). Accessed November 14, 2003 at http://ecos.fws.gov/tess_public/TESSWebpageVipListed?code=V&listings=0#B.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, date unknown. "Birds Protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act" (On-line). Accessed November 14, 2003 at http://migratorybirds.fws.gov/intrnltr/mbta/mbtintro.html.
- Verbeek, N., P. Hendricks. 1994. American Pipit (Anthus rubescens). A Poole, F Gill, eds. The Birds of North America, Vol. 95. The Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia, and The American Ornithologist's Union, Washington, D.C.
- Wood, B. 1985. Larks, Wagtails and Pipits. Pp. 336-341 in C Perrins, A Middleton, eds. The Encyclopedia of Birds. New York: Facts on File Publications.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!