The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 2003. "UNEP-WCMC Species Database: CITES-Listed Species" (On-line). Accessed February 19, 2004 at http://www.cites.org/eng/resources/species.html.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Campbell, B., E. Lack. 1985. A Dictionary of Birds. Vermillion: Buteo Books.
- Churcher, P., J. Lawton. 1987. Predation by domestic cats in an English village. Journal of Zoology, 212: 439-455.
- Dickinson, E. 2003. The Howard and Moore Complete Checklist of Birds of the World, 3rd edition. London: Christopher Helm.
- Eno, S. 2002. "House Sparrows" (On-line). Accessed February 17, 2004 at http://audubon-omaha.org/bbbox/ban/hsbyse.htm.
- Granholm, S. 2003. "California Wildlife Habitat Relationships System" (On-line). Accessed February 17, 2004 at http://www.dfg.ca.gov/whdab/html/B547.html.
- Groschupf, K. 2001. Old World Sparrows. Pp. 562-564 in C Elphick, J Dunning, D Sibley, eds. The Sibley Guide to Bird Life and Behavior. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
- IUCN, 2002. "The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species" (On-line). Accessed February 19, 2004 at http://www.redlist.org/.
- Payne, R. 2003. "Bird Families of the World" (On-line). Accessed February 19, 2004 at http://www.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/birds/Bird_Families_of_the_World.html.
- Sibley, C., J. Ahlquist. 1990. Phylogeny and Classification of Birds, A study in Molecular Evolution. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Summers-Smith, J. 1988. The Sparrows: A Study of the Genus Passer. Calton: T & AD Poyser Ltd.
- Texas Wildlife Damage Management Service, 2003. "Wildlife Damage Management, Controlling House Sparrows (PDF)" (On-line). Accessed February 19, 2004 at http://www.wildlifemanagement.info/birds.htm.
- Threatened and Endangered Species System, 2003. "U.S. Listed Vertebrate Animal Species Report by Taoxonomic Group" (On-line). Accessed February 19, 2004 at http://ecos.fws.gov/tess_public/TESSWebpageVipListed?code=V&listings=0#B.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, date unknown. "Birds Protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act" (On-line). Accessed February 19, 2004 at http://migratorybirds.fws.gov/intrnltr/mbta/mbtintro.html.
- WoRMS (2015). Passeridae. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=558569
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!