The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 1. IUCN Red List (April, 2003) http://www.iucnredlist.org
- 10. Galapagos Conservation Trust (April, 2003) http://www.gct.org/tortoise.html
- 2. Burnie, D. (2001) Animal. Dorling Kindersley, London.
- 3. American Museum of Natural History (April, 2003) http://www.amnh.org/nationalcenter/Endangered/tortoise/tortoise.html
- 4. Marquez, C. (2003) Pers. Comm.
- 5. Ernst, C.H., Altenburg, R.G.M. and Barbour, R.W. (1997) Turtles of the World. ETI Information Systems Ltd, Netherlands.
- 6. CITES (April, 2003) http://www.cites.org
- 7. WWF (April, 2003) http://www.worldwildlife.org/galapagos/tortoise.cfm
- 8. Galapagos Online (April, 2003) http://www.galapagosonline.com/Galapagos_Natural_History/Birds_and_Animals/Animals/Tortoises.html
- 9. Discover Galapagos (April, 2003) http://www.discovergalapagos.com/tortoise.html
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2004. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada, draft (2004)
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Iverson, J. B. 1992. A Revised Checklist with Distribution Maps of the Turtles of the World
- R. L. Carroll. 1988. Vertebrate Paleontology and Evolution. W. H. Freeman and Company, New York
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!