Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Thyridia psidii
Below is a sequence of the barcode region Cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (COI or COX1) from a member of the species.
See the BOLD taxonomy browser for more complete information about this specimen and other sequences.
-- end --
Download FASTA File
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Thyridia psidii
Public Records: 2
Specimens with Barcodes: 5
Species With Barcodes: 1
Thyridia is a monotypic genus of clearwing (ithomiine) butterflies, named by Hübner in 1816. Its only species is the Melantho Tigerwing or Clapping Ticlear (Thyridia psidii). It is in the brush-footed butterfly family, Nymphalidae and is found in the Neotropical zone.
- T. p. aedesia Doubleday, 
- T. p. cetoides (Rosenberg & Talbot, 1914)
- T. p. hippodamia (Fabricius, 1775)
- T. p. ino C. & R. Felder, 1862
- T. p. melantho Bates, 1866
- T. p. pallida Godman & Salvin, 1898
- T. p. psidii (Linnaeus, 1758)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Thyridia.|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Thyridia|
- Thyridia, funet.fi
- Glassberg, Jeffrey. (2007). A Swift Guide to Butterflies of Mexico and Central America. Sunstreak Books Inc. p.144.
- Thyridia psidii, funet.fi
- Thyridia psidii melantho H. Bates, 1866 (Melantho Tigerwing), Butterflies of America
|This Danainae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!