Data about Leucosticte
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Leucosticte
- An arid condition is an environmental condition in which annual precipitation is less than half of annual potential evapotranspiration.
- body mass
- The amount of matter in the body of an organism.
- clutch/brood/litter size
- Single birth offspring quantity. The proportion or number of offspring produced from a single pregnancy (mammals) or ovulation (fish) or nesting (birds).
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- litters per year
- Number of litters per female per year
- A landform that extends above the surrounding terrain in a limited area. A mountain is generally steeper than a hill, but there is no universally accepted standard definition for the height of a mountain or a hill although a mountain usually has an identifiable summit and a local relief of more than 300m.
- onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- A region of general uniform slope, comparatively level, and of considerable extent.
- total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|onset of fertility||1.0 to 1.0 years||4||2|
|weight||24.0 to 35.7 g||3||3|
|total life span||5.9 to 8.6 years||3||3|
|clutch/brood/litter size||4.0 to 5.0||2||2|
|body mass||30.69 to 30.69 g||1||1|
|litters per year||1.0 to 2.0 per year||2||2|
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!