Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:21
Specimens with Barcodes:21
Species With Barcodes:3
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Tetrao is a genus of birds in the grouse subfamily. It has four extant species.
- Eurasian black grouse, Tetrao tetrix
- Caucasian black grouse, Tetrao mlokosiewiczi
- Western capercaillie, Tetrao urogallus
- Black-billed capercaillie, Tetrao urogalloides
The fossil record of this genus is extensive:
- Tetrao conjugens (Early Pliocene of C Europe)
- Tetrao rhodopensis (Early Pliocene of Dorkovo, Bulgaria)
- Tetrao partium (Early Pliocene - Early Pleistocene of SE Europe)
- Tetrao macropus (Late Pliocene - Early Pleistocene of Hungary)
- Tetrao praeurogallus (Early - Middle Pleistocene of E Europe)
- Tetrao tetrix longipes (Pleistocene of W Europe)
|This Galliformes article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!