The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- American Ornithologists' Union. 1976. Thirty-third Supplement to the American Ornithologists' Union Check-list of North American Birds. The Auk, vol. 93, no. 4. 875-879
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- P. G. Howes, The Giant Cactus Forest and Its World: A Brief Biology of the Giant Cactus Forest of Our American Southwest (Duell, Sloan, and Pearce, New York; Little, Brown, Boston; 1954), from pp. 222-239, from p. 227.
- P. W. Parmalee and W. E. Klippel. 1982. Evidence of a Boreal Avifauna in Middle Tennessee during the Late Pleistocene. The Auk 99(2):365-368
- WoRMS (2013). Carduelis Brisson, 1760. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=232061