The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- "Anax junius" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Available from: http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Anax_junius.html
- Bright, E., M. O'Brien. 1998. "Odonata Larvae of Michigan: Keys for, and notes on, the dragon- and damselfly larvae found in the State of Michigan" (On-line). Accessed 5 March 2001 at http://insects.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/michodo/test/index.htm.
- Cannings, S., R. Cannings, R. Cannings. 1991. Distribution of the Dragonflies (Insecta: Odonata) of the Yukon Territory, Canada, with notes on ecology and behavior. Contributions to Natural Science No. 13.. Victoria, B.C., Canada: Royal British Columbia Museum.
- Drury, D. 1773. Index on: Illustrations of natural history. Wherein are exhibited upwards of two hundred and forty figures of exotic insects, according to their different genera; very few of which have hitherto been figured by any author, being engraved and coloured from. B. White, London: 1-2.
- Jaques, H. 1947. How to Know the Insects. Dubuque, Iowa, USA: William C. Company.
- Kirschbaum, K. 2007. "Anisoptera" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Available from: http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Anisoptera.html.
- Needham, J. 1929. A Handbook of the Dragonflies of North America. Springfield, Ilinois, USA: Charles C. Thomas.
- Paulson, Dennis R., and Sidney W. Dunkle. 2002. A Checklist of North American Odonata including English name, etymology, type locality, and distribution. Slater Museum of Natural History, University of Puget Sound, Occasional Paper no. 56. 88
- Tol J. van (2013). Odonata: Global Species Database Odonata (version Dec 2011). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Waldbauer, G. 1996. Insects of the Seasons. Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA: Harvard University Press.
- Waldbauer, G. 1998. The Birder's Bug Book. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press.
- Wootton, A. 1984. Insects of the World. New York, N.Y.: Facts on File Publications.
- “Anax junius”. Encyclopedia of Life, available from: http://www.eol.org/pages/131866/details Roach, P. 2001.
- “Dragonfly.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonfly
- “Green Darner.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Darner
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!