The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Binohlan, C. B., 15 November, 2011. Clupea harengus Linnaeus, 1758. Atlantic herring Retrieved January 9, 2012 from http://www.fishbase.org/summary/Clupea-harengus.html
- C. Linnaeus. 1758. Systema Naturae per Regna Tria Naturae, secundum Classes, Ordines, Genera, Species, cum Characteribus, Differentiis, Synonymis, Locis. Tomus I. Laurentii Salvii, Holmiae (Stockholm)
- Eschmeyer, William N., ed. 1998. Catalog of Fishes. Special Publication of the Center for Biodiversity Research and Information, no. 1, vol 1-3. 2905
- Evermann, Barton Warren; Goldsborough, Edmund Lee. 1907. Fishes of Alaska. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries, vol. 26, 1906; Fig.7
- Nelson, Joseph S. 1994. Fishes of the World, Third Edition. xvii + 600
- R. W. Dexter, The marine communities of a tidal inlet at Cape Ann, Massachusetts: a study in bio-ecology, Ecol. Monogr. 17:263-294, from p. 272 (1947).
- Smith, Hugh M. 1892. Report of an Investigation of the Fisheries of Lake Ontario. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission. vol.10 for 1890; Plate XXXI
- Smith, Hugh M. 1893. Report on the fisheries of the south Atlantic states. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission, vol. 11, 1891; Plate XLVIIIa
- The Herring Network. Biology. Retrieved January 12, 2012 from http://www.clupea.net/biology/index.html
- Whitehead, Peter J. P. 1985. Clupeoid Fishes of the World (Suborder Clupeoidei): An Annotated and Illustrated Catalogue of the Herrings, Sardines, Pilchards, Sprats, Shads, Anchovies and Wolf-herrings: Part 1 - Chirocentridae, Clupeidae and Pristigasteridae. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, no. 125, vol. 7, pt. 1. x + 303
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 9 January, 2012. “Herring”. Retrieved January 12, 2012 from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Herring&oldid=470421844
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!