Data about <i>Cypripedium parviflorum var. makasin</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
TraitBank assembles data records from many providers. Select a row for more details about the record, or search within Cypripedium parviflorum var. makasin.
native range includes
|Canada||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
|Lower 48 United States of America||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
plant growth habit
||USDA NRCS PLANTS Database|
Life History and Behavior
Glossary for Cypripedium parviflorum var. makasin
- Vascular plant without significant woody tissue above or at the ground. Forbs and herbs may be annual, biennial, or perennial but always lack significant thickening by secondary woody growth and have perennating buds borne at or below the ground surface. In the PLANTS Database (http://plants.usda.gov/), graminoids are excluded but ferns, horsetails, lycopods, and whisk-ferns are included.
- PLANTS Database Growth Habits Codes and Definitions: https://plants.usda.gov/growth_habits_def.html
- life cycle habit
- Determined for type of life cycle being annual, binneal, perennial etc.
- native range includes
- Lists jurisdictions in which a given organism is a member of the undisturbed fauna or flora.
- Of plant duration, a plant whose life span extends over more than two growing seasons, c.f. annual, biennial, ephemeral, of flowering with respect to architecture, hapaxanthic, monocarpic, pleonanthic
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossaryi_p.html#perennial
- plant growth habit
- The general growth form of a plant - its size and branching - also its woodiness. Some plants have different growth habits depending on environment or location, so a plant can have more than one value.
- Stevens, P. F. (2001 onwards). Angiosperm Phylogeny Website. Version 12, July 2012. Glossary: http://www.mobot.org/mobot/research/apweb/top/glossarya_h.html#habit
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!