The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Collins, J. T. 1990. Standard Common and Current Scientific Names for North American Amphibians and Reptiles, Third Edition. ii + 41
- Crother, Brian I., Jeff Boundy, Frank T. Burbrink, Jonathan A. Campbell, Kevin de Queiroz, et al. 2012. Scientific and standard English names of amphibians and reptiles of North America north of Mexico, with comments regarding confidence in our understanding, Seventh Ed. Herpetological Circular, no. 39. 1-92
- Iverson, John B. 1992. A Revised Checklist with Distribution Maps of the Turtles of the World. xiii + 363
- Linnaeus, C. 1758. Systema naturæ per regna tria naturæ, secundum classes, ordines, genera, species, cum characteribus, differentiis, synonymis, locis. Tomus I. Editio decima, reformata. Laurentii Salvii, Holmiæ. 10th Edition: 824 pp.
- Please refer to source article for references and additional information
- Please refer to source article for references and additional information.
- Please refer to the source article for references and additional information.
- See article source for references and additional information.
- Turtle Taxonomy Working Group [van Dijk, P. P., J. Iverson, A. Rhodin, H. Shaffer, and R. Bour]. 2014. Turtles of the World, 7th Edition: Annotated Checklist of Taxonomy, Synonymy, Distribution with maps, and Conservation Status. Chelonian Research Monographs, no. 5, v. 7. 329-479
- Uetz P. (2013). TIGR Reptile Database (version Oct 2007). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!