- Telson present, small.
- Uropod inner ramus uniarticulate.
- Male pleopods 5, 4, or 3 pairs, with external process on inner ramus.
- Number free thoracic somites never reduced.
- Exopods on maxillipeds and the following combinations of pereopods: in the male, 1-4, rarely 1-3 or 1-2; in the female, 1,or 1-3, with some females showing 1 + 3 rudimentary early in development.
- Mandible with large section dorsal to molar.
- Branchial apparatus without gill plate or supports.
- Watling, Les
Ceratocumatidae is a family of crustaceans of the order Cumacea. Ceratocumatidae have a small free telson. The endopods (interior branches) of the uropods are present on only one segment. Males have 5, 4 or 3 pairs of pleopods. All maxillipeds and some of the pereiopods bear exopods (outer branches). The gill apparatus has no supporting gill plates.
|Wikispecies has information related to: Ceratocumatidae|
- W. T. Calman (1905). "The Cumacea of the Siboga Expedition". Uitkomsten op Zoologisch, Botanisch, Oceanographisch en Geologisch Gebied 36: 1–23.
- WoRMS (2010). "Ceratocumatidae". In L. Watling & S. Gerken. World Cumacea database. World Register of Marine Species. http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=110379. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
|This Malacostraca related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|