The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2004. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada, draft (2004)
- Crother, Brian I., Jeff Boundy, Frank T. Burbrink, Jonathan A. Campbell, Kevin de Queiroz, et al. 2012. Scientific and standard English names of amphibians and reptiles of North America north of Mexico, with comments regarding confidence in our understanding, Seventh Ed. Herpetological Circular, no. 39. 1-92
- Ernst, Carl H.; Lovich, Jeffrey E. 2009. Turtles of the United States and Canada, 2nd edition. Johns Hopkins University Press, 827 pp.
- Gilmore, C.W. 1922. A new fossil turtle, Kinosternon arizonense, from Arizona. Proc. US Natl. Mus. 63, Art. 5: 1-8.
- Gilmore, C.W. 1922. A new fossil turtle, Kinosternon arizonense, from Arizona. Proc. US. Natl. Mus. 63, Art. 5: 1-8
- Rhodin, A.G.J.; van Dijk, P.P.; Iverson, J.B. & Shaffer, H.B. [turtle taxonomy working group]. 2010. Turtles of the World, 2010 Update: Annotated Checklist of Taxonomy, Synonymy, Distribution, and Conservation Status. Chelonian Research Monographs (ISSN 1088-7105) No. 5, doi:10.3854/crm.5.000.checklist.v3.2010.
- Serb,J.M.; Phillips,C.A. & Iverson,J.B. 2001. Molecular phylogeny and biogeography of Kinosternon flavescens based on complete mitochondrial control region sequences. Mol. Phylogenet. Evol. 18 (1): 149-162.
- Turtle Taxonomy Working Group [van Dijk, P. P., J. Iverson, A. Rhodin, H. Shaffer, and R. Bour]. 2014. Turtles of the World, 7th Edition: Annotated Checklist of Taxonomy, Synonymy, Distribution with maps, and Conservation Status. Chelonian Research Monographs, no. 5, v. 7. 329-479
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!