The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Buhlmann, K., T. Tuberville, and W. Gibbons. 2008. Turtles of the southeast. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press. pp. 93-97.
- Carr, A. 1952. Handbook of Turtles: The turtles of the United States, Canada, and Baja California. Ithaca, NY: Comstock Publishing Associates. pp. 248-258.
- Collins, J. T. 1990. Standard Common and Current Scientific Names for North American Amphibians and Reptiles, Third Edition. ii + 41
- Crother, Brian I., Jeff Boundy, Frank T. Burbrink, Jonathan A. Campbell, Kevin de Queiroz, et al. 2012. Scientific and standard English names of amphibians and reptiles of North America north of Mexico, with comments regarding confidence in our understanding, Seventh Ed. Herpetological Circular, no. 39. 1-92
- ISSG, 2005. Trachemys scripta elegans. Global Invasive Species Database. Invasive Species Specialist Group, IUCN : www.issg.org
IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2.
. Downloaded on 02 May 2012.
- Iverson, John B. 1992. A Revised Checklist with Distribution Maps of the Turtles of the World. xiii + 363
- Ramsay, N. F., P. K. A. Ng, R. M. O’Riordan, and L.M. Chou. 2007. The red-eared slider (Trachemys scripta elegans) in Asia: a review. Biological Invaders in Inland Waters: Profiles, Distribution, and Threats 2:161-174.
- Turtle Taxonomy Working Group [van Dijk, P. P., J. Iverson, A. Rhodin, H. Shaffer, and R. Bour]. 2014. Turtles of the World, 7th Edition: Annotated Checklist of Taxonomy, Synonymy, Distribution with maps, and Conservation Status. Chelonian Research Monographs, no. 5, v. 7. 329-479
- Wied. 1838. Reise Nord- Amer., 1 (Pt. 4): 213
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!