Data about <i>Falco peregrinus pealei</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
||Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology|
Glossary for Falco peregrinus pealei
- animal habitation
- The dwelling of an animal or group of similar animals.
- A group of geographically or geologically associated islands.
- A landform consisting of loose rock particles such as sand, gravel, shingle, pebbles, cobble, or even shell fragments along the shoreline of a body of water.
- The general region of indefinite width that extends from the sea inland to the first major change in terrain features.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- A large, slow moving river of ice, formed from compacted layers of snow, that slowly deforms and flows in response to gravity.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Area of dry or relatively dry land surrounded by water or low wetland.
- marine biome
- An aquatic biome that comprises systems of open-ocean and unprotected coastal habitats, characterized by exposure to wave action, tidal fluctuation, and ocean currents as well as systems that largely resemble these. Water in the marine biome is generally within the salinity range of seawater: 30 to 38 ppt.
- nest of bird
- A bird nest is the spot in which a bird lays and incubates its eggs and raises its young.
- oceanic zone
- The water mass of an ocean that is not above a continental shelf.
- A body of land jutting out into and nearly surrounded by water.
- sea cliff
- A cliff that is a margin of a sea or ocean.
- sea shore
- That part of the land in immediate contact with a sea, including the intertidal zone.
- The line of contact between a body of water and the land.
- A large sea or ocean inlet larger than a bay, deeper than a bight, wider than a fjord, or it may identify a narrow sea or ocean channel between two bodies of land.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!