Data about <i>Petrocephalus odzalaensis</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Petrocephalus odzalaensis
- body length (CMO)
- A measurement of the longest dimension of a body, typically between two distinct ends of the body.
- [database_cross_reference: Dorland:Dorlands_Illustrated_Medical_Dictionary--31st_Ed] [database_cross_reference: ISBN:978-1416049982]
- A bibliographic reference for the resource.
- A length unit which is equal to one hundredth of a meter or 10^[-2] m.
- [database_cross_reference: NIST:NIST]
- An entity responsible for making contributions to the resource.
- drainage basin
- A regions or area bounded by drainage divides and occupied by a drainage system; specifically the tract of country that gathers water originating as precipitation and contributes it to a particular stream channel or system of channels, or to a lake, reservoir, or other body of water.
- freshwater environment
- geographic distribution includes
- This organism is known to be present in this location or region
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- habitat includes
- The organism inhabits this environment or ecoregion.
- male or unsexed
- male or unsexed individuals are represented in a sample or an occurrence.
- measurement method
- A description of or reference to (publication, URI) the method or protocol used to determine the measurement, fact, characteristic, or assertion.
- measurement remarks
- Comments or notes accompanying the MeasurementOrFact.
- measurement unit
- The units associated with the measurementValue. Recommended best practice is to use the International System of Units (SI).
- measurement value
- The value of the measurement, fact, characteristic, or assertion.
- oceanic benthopelagic zone biome
- The benthopelagic zone biome comprises regions of the marine water column which usually coincide with the benthic boundary layer (BBL) - the layer of isothermal and isohaline water contiguous to the sea floor. A general reversal in the declining gradient of pelagic biomass may be observed here, perhaps explained by viable nutrition on the sea floor being resuspended by bottom currents. This zone typically extends 100 m above the seafloor, but may reach upto1000 m during benthic storms.
- scientific name
- The full scientific name, with authorship and date information if known. When forming part of an Identification, this should be the name in lowest level taxonomic rank that can be determined. This term should not contain identification qualifications, which should instead be supplied in the IdentificationQualifier term.
- The sex of the biological individual(s) represented in the Occurrence. Recommended best practice is to use a controlled vocabulary.
- A related resource from which the described resource is derived.
Africa: Congo River basin, particularly in Likouala drainage in Republic of Congo (Ref. 85331) and Ruki drainage in Democratic Republic of the Congo (Ref. 93897)
9.9 cm male or unsexed
|Environments - EOL project|
oceanic benthopelagic zone biome
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!