The subgenus Dorsilopha belongs to genus Drosophila and consists of four species. The phylogenetic position of this group has been unclear for a long time, but recent studies have shown that the subgenus is positioned in between the subgenera Sophophora and Drosophila.
Species[edit source | edit]
- Drosophila busckii Coquillett, 1901
- Drosophila confertidentata Zhang, Li and Feng, 2006
- Drosophila linearidentata Toda, 1986
- Drosophila neobusckii Toda, 1986
References[edit source | edit]
- Bächli, G. (1999-2010). TaxoDros: The Database on Taxonomy of Drosophilidae. Available at http://taxodros.unizh.ch/
- van der Linde, K. & Houle, D. (2008). A supertree analysis and literature review of the genus Drosophila and closely related genera. Insect Systematics and Evolution 39, 241-267.
- Robe, L. J., Loreto, E. L. S. & Valente, V. L. S. (2010). Radiation of the ,,Drosophila" subgenus (Drosophilidae, Diptera) in the Neotropics. Journal of Zoological Systematics and Evolutionary Research Early View.
- van der Linde, K., Houle, D., Spicer, G. S. & Steppan, S. J. (2010). A supermatrix-based molecular phylogeny of the family Drosophilidae. Genetics Research 92, 25-38.
|Wikispecies has information related to: Dorsilopha|
|This article related to members of the insect family Drosophilidae is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!