Polymita creates and uses love darts as part of its mating behavior.
Species within the genus Polymita include:
- Polymita brocheri (Gutiérrez in Pfeiffer, 1864)
- Polymita muscarum (Lea, 1834)
- Polymita picta (Born, 1780) - type species
- Polymita sulphurosa (Morelet, 1849)
- Polymita venusta (Gmelin, 1786)
- Polymita versicolor (Born, 1870)
- Beck H. H. (1837). Index Moll. Mus. Ch. Fred. (1): 44.
- "Mollusca". Diversidad Biológica Cubana, accessed 23 March 2011.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!