The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 1. IUCN Red List (March, 2008) http://www.iucnredlist.org http://www.iucnredlist.org
- 2. CITES (May, 2005) http://www.cites.org/ http://www.cites.org/
- 3. Jacksonville Zoo (March, 2008) http://www.jaxzoo.org/animals/biofacts/RedkneedTarantula.asp http://www.jaxzoo.org/animals/biofacts/RedkneedTarantula.asp
- 4. The Big Zoo (March, 2008) http://www.thebigzoo.com/Animals/Mexican_Red_Kneed_Tarantula.asp http://www.thebigzoo.com/Animals/Mexican_Red_Kneed_Tarantula.asp
- 5. West, R.C. (2005) The Brachypelma of Mexico. Journal of the British Tarantula Society, 20 (4): 108 - 119.
- 6. Baxter, R.N. (1993) Keeping and Breeding Tarantulas. Chudleigh Publishing, Ilford, Essex.
- 7. West, R.C. (March, 2008) Pers. Comm.
- Breene, R. G., D. Allen Dean, G. B. Edwards, Blain Hebert, Herbert W. Levi, Gail Manning, et al. 2003. Common Names of Arachnids, Fifth Edition. 42
- Cites, 2009. "Cites Species Database" (On-line). Cites Species Database. Accessed November 10, 2009 at http://www.cites.org/eng/resources/species.html.
- Hansel, M. 1993. Secondhand silk. Natural History, 10: 40-46.
- IUCN, 2009. "Euathlus smithi (Red Kneed Tarantula)" (On-line). The IUCN Red List of Endangered Species. Accessed November 10, 2009 at http://redlist.org/apps/redlist/details/8152/0.
- Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens. 2008. "Bio Facts: Red Kneed Tarantula" (On-line). Jacksonville Zoo. Accessed November 10, 2009 at http://www.jaxzoo.org/animals/biofacts/RedkneedTarantula.asp.
- Locht, A., M. Yanez, I. Vasquez. 1999. Distribution and natural history of Mexican species of Brachypelma and Brachypelmides (Theraphosidae, Theraphosinae) with morphological evidence to support their synonymy. The Journal of Arachnology, 27(1): 196-200.
- Moya-Larano, J., J. Pascual, . Wise. 2003. Mating patterns in late-maturing female Mediterranean tarantulas may reflect the costs and benefits of sexual cannibalism. Animal Behaviour, 66(3): 469-476. Accessed November 11, 2009 at http://www.uic.edu/depts/ovcr/iesp/Publications/Faculty%20Publications/Wise/Moya-Larano%20J%20et%20al%202003%20Anim%20Behav_Mating%20Patterns.pdf.
- Nashville Zoo at Grassmere. 2009. "Mexican Red Knee Tarantula" (On-line). Nashville Zoo at Grassmere. Accessed November 10, 2009 at http://www.nashvillezoo.org/animals_detail.asp?animalID=45.
- Nyffeler, M., W. Sterling, D. Dean. 1994. How spiders make a living. Entomological Society of America, 23(6): 1357-1367.
- Oakland Zoo. 2008. "Mexican Red Knee Tarantula" (On-line). Oakland Zoo. Accessed November 10, 2009 at http://www.oaklandzoo.org/animals/arthropods/mexican-red-knee-tarantula.
- Orkin, Inc., 2009. "The Mexican Red Knee Tarantula’s Predators" (On-line). Orkin, Inc.. Accessed November 10, 2009 at http://www.orkin.com/other/spiders/the-mexican-redknee-tarantulas-predators.
- Peterson, A., D. Osborne, D. Taylor. 1989. Tree trunk arthropod faunas as food resources for birds. Ohio Journal of Science, 89(1): 23-25.
- Platnick, Norman I. 2011. website. The World Spider Catalog, v.11.0. American Museum of Natural History. Database built by Robert J. Raven from the files underlying the website at http://research.amnh.org/iz/spiders/catalog/ DOI: 10.5531/db.iz.0001
- Riechert, S., T. Lockley. 1984. Spiders as biological control agents. Annual Review of Entomology, 29: 299-320.
- Sea Studios Foundation. 2002. "Phylum Arhropoda" (On-line). The Shape of Life. Accessed November 11, 2009 at http://www.pbs.org/kcet/shapeoflife/animals/arthropods.html.
- Skerl, K. 1997. "Spider Conservation in the United States" (On-line). University of Michigan. Accessed November 11, 2009 at http://www.umich.edu/~esupdate/library/97.03-04/skerl.html.
- West, R. 2009. "Mexican Red Kneed Tarantula" (On-line). Arkive. Accessed November 10, 2009 at http://www.arkive.org/mexican-redknee-tarantula/brachypelma-smithi/info.html.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!