Data about <i>Apus melba</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|102.7 g adult||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
Life History and Behavior
Total life span max
|26 years||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
Onset of fertility
|2.0 years male||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
|2.0 years female||AnAge Database of Animal Ageing and Longevity|
Glossary for Apus melba
- Animal habitation
- The dwelling of an animal or group of similar animals.
- A major class of ecologically similar communities of plants, animals, and other organisms. Biomes are defined based on factors such as plant structures (such as trees, shrubs, and grasses), leaf types (such as broadleaf and needleleaf), plant spacing (forest, woodland, savanna), and other factors like climate. Unlike ecozones, biomes are not defined by genetic, taxonomic, or historical similarities. Biomes are often identified with particular patterns of ecological succession and climax vegetation.
- Freshwater habitat
- A habitat that is in or on a body of water containing low concentrations of dissolved salts and other total dissolved solids (<0.5 grams dissolved salts per litre).
- Grams. A mass unit which is equal to one thousandth of a kilogram or 10^[-3] kg.
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- Iucn red list category
- Least concern
- A taxon is Least Concern when it has been evaluated against the criteria and does not qualify for Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable or Near Threatened. Widespread and abundant taxa are included in this category.
- A mountain rising from the ocean seafloor that does not reach to the water's surface (sea level), and thus is not an island. Typically formed from volcanoes that rise abruptly and are usually found rising from a seafloor of 1,000 - 4,000 meters depth. Independent features that rise to at least 1,000 meters above the seafloor.
- Onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- Sea cliff
- A cliff that is a margin of a sea or ocean.
- Terrestrial habitat
- A habitat that is on or at the boundary of the surface of the Earth.
- Total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.