Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Vanessa abyssinica
Public Records: 3
Specimens with Barcodes: 3
Species With Barcodes: 1
Barcode data: Vanessa abyssinica
There is 1 barcode sequence available from BOLD and GenBank. Below is the sequence of the barcode region Cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (COI or COX1) from a member of the species. See the BOLD taxonomy browser for more complete information about this specimen. Other sequences that do not yet meet barcode criteria may also be available.
-- end --
Download FASTA File
Vanessa abyssinica, the Abyssinian Admiral, is a butterfly in the Nymphalidae family. It is found in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The habitat consists of montane forests.
- Vanessa abyssinica abyssinica (Ethiopia)
- Vanessa abyssinica jacksoni Howarth, 1966 (highlands of Kenya, northern Tanzania)
- Vanessa abyssinica vansomereni Howarth, 1966 (western Uganda, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo: east to Kivu and Ituri)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vanessa abyssinica.|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Vanessa abyssinica|
- Vanessa, Site of Markku Savela
- Afrotropical Butterflies: Nymphalidae - Tribe Nymphalini
|This Nymphalinae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!