The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Andriyashev, A.P. and N.V. Chernova0 Annotated list of fishlike vertebrates and fish of the arctic seas and adjacent waters. J. Ichthyol. 35(1):81-123. (Ref. 43202)
- Barnhart, R.A. 1988. Species profiles: life histories and environmental requirements of coastal fishes and invertebrates (Pacific Southwest) -- Pacific herring. U.S. Fish Wildl. Serv. Biol. Rep. 82(11.79). U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, TR EL-82-4. 14 pp. Retrieved January 9, 2012 from www.nwrc.usgs.gov/wdb/pub/species_profiles/82_11-079.pdf
- Berg, L.S. 1962 Freshwater fishes of the U.S.S.R. and adjacent countries. volume 1, 4th edition. Israel Program for Scientific Translations Ltd, Jerusalem. (Russian version published 1948). (Ref. 593)
- Berg, L.S.0 Freshwater fishes of the U.S.S.R. and adjacent countries. volume 1, 4th edition. Israel Program for Scientific Translations Ltd, Jerusalem. (Russian version published 1948). (Ref. 593)
- Dolgov, A.V.0 New data on composition and distribution of the Barents Sea ichthyofauna. ICES CM2000/Mini:12, 12p. (Ref. 36372)
- Eschmeyer, W.N. (ed.)0 Catalog of fishes. Special Publication, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco. 3 vols. 2905 p. (Ref. 26282)
- Eschmeyer, William N., ed. 1998. Catalog of Fishes. Special Publication of the Center for Biodiversity Research and Information, no. 1, vol 1-3. 2905
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2013). FishBase (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- IUCN 2006 2006 IUCN red list of threatened species. www.iucnredlist.org. Downloaded July 2006.
- Lajus, D.L.0 White sea herring (Clupea pallasi marisalbi) population structure: interpopulation variation iin frequency of chromosomal rearrangement. Cybium 20(3):279-294. (Ref. 27421)
- Nelson, Joseph S., Edwin J. Crossman, H. Espinosa-Pérez, L. T. Findley, C. R. Gilbert, et al., eds. 2004. Common and scientific names of fishes from the United States, Canada, and Mexico, Sixth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 29. ix + 386
- Patnaik et al. (1994) Ageing in fishes. Gerontology, 40:113-132.
- Philip Altman and Dorothy Dittmer (1962) Growth including reproduction and morphological development. Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology: Washington.
- Reshetnikov, Y.S., N.G. Bogutskaya, E.D. Vasil'eva, E.A. Dorofeeva, A.M. Naseka, O.A. Popova, K.A. Savvaitova, V.G. Sideleva and L.I. Sokolov0 An annotated check-list of the freshwater fishes of Russia. J. Ichthyol. 37(9):687-736. (Ref. 26334)
- Robins, Richard C., Reeve M. Bailey, Carl E. Bond, James R. Brooker, Ernest A. Lachner, et al. 1991. Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United States and Canada, Fifth Edition. American Fisheries Society Special Publication, no. 20. 183
- Seitz AC, Norcross BL, Payne JC, Kagley AN, Meloy B, et al. (2010) Feasibility of Surgically Implanting Acoustic Tags into Pacific Herring. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 139: 1288-1291.
- Svetovidov, A.N.0 Clupeidae. p. 99-109. In J.C. Hureau and Th. Monod (eds.) Check-list of the fishes of the north-eastern Atlantic and of the Mediterranean (CLOFNAM). UNESCO, Paris. Vol. 1. (Ref. 12801)
- Unconfirmed type:
- Whitehead, P.J.P. 1985. FAO Species Catalogue. Vol. 7. Clupeoid fishes of the world (suborder Clupeioidei). An annotated and illustrated catalogue of the herrings, sardines, pilchards, sprats, shads, anchovies and wolf-herrings. FAO Fish. Synop. 125(7/1):1-303. Rome: FAO.
- Whitehead, Peter J. P. 1985. Clupeoid Fishes of the World (Suborder Clupeoidei): An Annotated and Illustrated Catalogue of the Herrings, Sardines, Pilchards, Sprats, Shads, Anchovies and Wolf-herrings: Part 1 - Chirocentridae, Clupeidae and Pristigasteridae. FAO Fisheries Synopsis, no. 125, vol. 7, pt. 1. x + 303
- Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 14 June 2011. “Pacific Herring”. Retrieved January 12, 2012 from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pacific_herring&oldid=434278641">http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pacific_herring&oldid=434278641">http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pacific_herring&oldid=434278641
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!