Data about <i>Creagrutus tuyuka</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
Glossary for Creagrutus tuyuka
- body length (CMO)
- A measurement of the longest dimension of a body, typically between two distinct ends of the body.
- [database_cross_reference: Dorland:Dorlands_Illustrated_Medical_Dictionary--31st_Ed] [database_cross_reference: ISBN:978-1416049982]
- catalog number
- An identifier (preferably unique) for the record within the data set or collection.
- A bibliographic reference for the resource.
- A length unit which is equal to one hundredth of a meter or 10^[-2] m.
- [database_cross_reference: NIST:NIST]
- collection code
- The name, acronym, coden, or initialism identifying the collection or data set from which the record was derived.
- collection id
- An identifier for the collection or dataset from which the record was derived.
- The name of the continent in which the Location occurs.
- An entity responsible for making contributions to the resource.
- The name of the country or major administrative unit in which the Location occurs.
- The integer day of the month on which the Event occurred.
- end day of year
- The latest ordinal day of the year on which the Event occurred (1 for January 1, 365 for December 31, except in a leap year, in which case it is 366).
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- freshwater environment
- geographic distribution includes
- This organism is known to be present in this location or region
- georeference remarks
- Notes or comments about the spatial description determination, explaining assumptions made in addition or opposition to the those formalized in the method referred to in georeferenceProtocol.
- habitat includes
- The organism inhabits this environment or ecoregion.
- higher geography
- A list (concatenated and separated) of geographic names less specific than the information captured in the locality term.
- individual count
- The number of individuals represented present at the time of the Occurrence.
- institution code
- The name (or acronym) in use by the institution having custody of the object(s) or information referred to in the record.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The specific description of the place. Less specific geographic information can be provided in other geographic terms (higherGeography, continent, country, stateProvince, county, municipality, waterBody, island, islandGroup). This term may contain information modified from the original to correct perceived errors or standardize the description.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- male or unsexed
- male or unsexed individuals are represented in a sample or an occurrence.
- marine benthic biome
- The marine benthic biome (benthic meaning 'bottom') encompasses the seafloor and includes such areas as shores, littoral or intertidal areas, marine coral reefs, and the deep seabed.
- measurement method
- A description of or reference to (publication, URI) the method or protocol used to determine the measurement, fact, characteristic, or assertion.
- measurement remarks
- Comments or notes accompanying the MeasurementOrFact.
- measurement unit
- The units associated with the measurementValue. Recommended best practice is to use the International System of Units (SI).
- measurement value
- The value of the measurement, fact, characteristic, or assertion.
- The ordinal month in which the Event occurred.
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM), Washington, District of Columbia, USA. NMNH and USNM both refer to the National Museum of Natural History. Collections are associated with one or the other acronym. US, the US National Herbarium, is a collection within the National Museum of Natural History. URL for main institutional website: http://www.mnh.si.edu/rc/ URL for institutional specimen catalog: http://collections.mnh.si.edu/
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM) National Fish Collection
- National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM), Washington, District of Columbia, USA. Includes Smithsonian Institution collections and National Marine Fisheries Service collections, NOAA, Department of Commerce. Primarily specimens in liquid at room temperature (alcohol, formalin). URL for collection: http://vertebrates.si.edu/fishes/fishes_collections.html
- occurrence remarks
- Comments or notes about the Occurrence.
- All of the specimens in the type series of a species or infraspecific taxon other than the holotype (and, in botany, isotypes). Paratypes must have been at the disposition of the author at the time when the original description was created and must have been designated and indicated in the publication. Judgment must be exercised on paratype status, for only rarely are specimens explicitly cited as paratypes, but usually as "specimens examined," "other material seen", etc. [Zoo./Bot.]
- recorded by
- A list (concatenated and separated) of names of people, groups, or organizations responsible for recording the original Occurrence. The primary collector or observer, especially one who applies a personal identifier (recordNumber), should be listed first.
- scientific name
- The full scientific name, with authorship and date information if known. When forming part of an Identification, this should be the name in lowest level taxonomic rank that can be determined. This term should not contain identification qualifications, which should instead be supplied in the IdentificationQualifier term.
- The sex of the biological individual(s) represented in the Occurrence. Recommended best practice is to use a controlled vocabulary.
- A related resource from which the described resource is derived.
- start day of year
- The earliest ordinal day of the year on which the Event occurred (1 for January 1, 365 for December 31, except in a leap year, in which case it is 366).
- state or province
- The name of the next smaller administrative region than country (state, province, canton, department, region, etc.) in which the Location occurs.
- type specimen repository
- The institution that holds a type specimen for a given species. The recommended best practice is to use the identifier in a collections registry such as the Biodiversity Collections Index (http://www.biodiversitycollectionsindex.org/).
- type status
- A list (concatenated and separated) of nomenclatural types (type status, typified scientific name, publication) applied to the subject.
- Verbatim Coordinate System
- verbatim event date
- The verbatim original representation of the date and time information for an Event.
- verbatim latitude
- The verbatim original latitude of the Location. The coordinate ellipsoid, geodeticDatum, or full Spatial Reference System (SRS) for these coordinates should be stored in verbatimSRS and the coordinate system should be stored in verbatimCoordinateSystem.
- verbatim longitude
- The verbatim original longitude of the Location. The coordinate ellipsoid, geodeticDatum, or full Spatial Reference System (SRS) for these coordinates should be stored in verbatimSRS and the coordinate system should be stored in verbatimCoordinateSystem.
- The four-digit year in which the Event occurred, according to the Common Era Calendar.
South America: Rio Uaupés basin in Brazil
6.8 cm male or unsexed
marine benthic biome
|IRMNG - Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera.|
|IRMNG - Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera.|
Database and Repository Coverage
type specimen repository
National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (USNM)
|National Museum of Natural History Collections|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!