Data about <i>Fagus engleriana</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
|0.64 g/cm^3||Global Wood Density Database|
Glossary for Fagus engleriana
- botanical garden
- A place where a wide variety of plants primarily categorized and documented for scientific purposes.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- Grams per cubic centimeter. A mass unit density which is equal to mass of an object in grams divided by the volume in cubic centimeters.
- geographic distribution
- A description of the geographic distribution, or range, of the taxon. Includes descriptions of global, regional, or political aspects of range and whether the taxon is native or introduced in portions of the range and endemicity.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- mixed forest biome
- A mixed forest biome is a forest biome which contains densely packed populations or communities of broadleaf and coniferous trees, strongly limiting light penetration to the forest floor.
- A landform that extends above the surrounding terrain in a limited area. A mountain is generally steeper than a hill, but there is no universally accepted standard definition for the height of a mountain or a hill although a mountain usually has an identifiable summit and a local relief of more than 300m.
- The part of an elevation or depression between the relatively flat surrounding area and the peak of a mount or the bottom of a depression.
- wood density
- Secondary xylem volumetric density. Any measurable or observable characteristic related to the volumetric density of a secondary xylem.
- [database_cross_reference: GOC:TermGenie] [database_cross_reference: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1461-0248.2009.01285.x]
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!